Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Blender (modeling, animation, rendering)  (Read 85578 times)

Nihil

• Supporter
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Fear me! I'm evil!
    • View Profile
    • Order of Dagon
Re: Blender (modeling, animation, rendering)
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2004, 09:04:48 AM »

I still hadn't time to try out the exporter, but according to the thread at Elysiun the author is still working an animation-export as they came out upside down after opening them in Milkshape.

My idea behind was btw not to export them in Milkshape-format to open them there, but not to have to use Milkshape finally - if the exporter works fully someday, there should be no reason we have to use Milkshape, or am I wrong?

Martin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2004, 04:20:56 PM »

My idea behind was btw not to export them in Milkshape-format to open them there, but not to have to use Milkshape finally - if the exporter works fully someday, there should be no reason we have to use Milkshape, or am I wrong?

That was exactly my idea too... :)

Since we're discussing exporting and importing in blender, does anyone know of a good 3ds importer for blender, one that will import the materials also? At the moment I convert .3ds to radiosity (.radio) and then I import them in blender, but the materials are lost in the process.

Nihil

• Supporter
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Fear me! I'm evil!
    • View Profile
    • Order of Dagon
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2004, 09:02:21 PM »

Haven't checked 3ds import, but for .obj it's necessary that both object and textures are in the same directory, otherwise they don't get imported - maybe the same problem here?

And besides that, the 3ds importer that was integrated in Blender until 2.32 (at least, only have that and 2.35 installed at the moment) does import the textures as well. I have no idea why they kicked it out now, but the older BLender-versions should still be available on the website.

Martin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2004, 10:24:07 PM »

Ok, do you know any 3ds to obj converter? I have one, but after the file gets converted blender gives errors and doesn't want to import the obj.  >:(

gfx johnny

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2004, 10:47:34 PM »

I have two suggestions for converting 3ds files to obj: you could use the well known free habware plugin, or try your luck with Wings3d, also a free modeler (can import/export 3ds and obj files).

But i don't know if blender will read the results without problems. I have no problems converting files between 3ds and obj and then using apps like 3dsmax, Wings3d and Zbrush (with Materials).

Nihil

• Supporter
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Fear me! I'm evil!
    • View Profile
    • Order of Dagon
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2004, 10:57:39 PM »

I used Crossroads some time ago, but I had some problems with it ... can't remember which though. Here is the link: http://www.europa.com/~keithr/crossroads/ (seems like it hasn't been updated for ages)

What errors does Blender give on the import of obj-files?

gfx johnny

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2004, 11:19:09 PM »

I had problems with crossoads, too. My models were destroyed after importing, tried a lot some time ago, but wasn't able to achieve anything. Don't know if i made mistakes though.

Tol

• Guest star
  • Occasional poster
  • Oro?
    • View Profile
    • www.blender3d.cz
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2004, 12:17:32 AM »

Ok, do you know any 3ds to obj converter? I have one, but after the file gets converted blender gives errors and doesn't want to import the obj.  >:(

Maybe there is problem elsewhere then in that script or Crossroads - which version of Blender do you use? Do you use integrated sript of OBJ import/export or some external? Do you have Python instaled and paths set corectly ?  I ask becaouse I use this obj i/e quite often and works just fine even with files converted with Crossroads (althought from time to time I have troubles too) :)
Playing: something good
Developing: Mafia II
Finished:Tale of a Hero
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.