Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: City2 suggestion for Musta  (Read 5556 times)

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
City2 suggestion for Musta
« on: June 02, 2003, 12:04:56 PM »

I decided to post that in a new thread because the "dreams anouncement" thread has gone pretty off-topic! Which is something common here with me and Jerrot. :)

Anyway, what I wanted to say is a small suggestion for the City2 graphics. In the second picture (pic2.jpg) in the wall I can clearly see that the artist had used a photoshop filter, and I don't like to identify the "ready for use by anyone" filters in someones work. It make me say "hey, look here is photoshop filter". Maybe it's just me as a graphic designer that I don't like those filters because I have seen them hundrends of times. My suggestion is to replace the filter with something "hand-made" like the rest of this great picture. Feel free to ignore my suggestion if you think that the way it is now is better.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2003, 12:05:32 PM by odnorf »
fl*p

Musta Kaapu

• Occasional poster
  • "I'm a bunny rabbit!"
    • View Profile
    • SomethingAwful
Re:City2 suggestion for Musta
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 03:51:56 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. I'll tell our graphic designer your opinion.
All feedback is, of course, welcome, but don't expect it to change anything (this is a joke) ;)

If you want to talk directly to the designer, the easiest way is to write up a few lines to our forum (in which you have already registered)

But if Mnemonic doesn't mind, we can of course keep the discussion here.  :)
"Do you still wish to fight me?"

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 03:59:03 PM »

No, I don't mind :)
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Musta Kaapu

• Occasional poster
  • "I'm a bunny rabbit!"
    • View Profile
    • SomethingAwful
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2003, 08:33:22 PM »

I talked with jappione (graphic artist/designer) and he said that you, odnorf, should look at the picture more closely. Basicly the picture is full of standard photoshop filters.  ;D

I admit that I know nothing of doing graphics with computer and my hand drawing skills aren't very good either so I don't mind if the picture uses photoshop filters or not. I'm pleased only if the picture looks good.

But as I said it's good to get feedback, both good and bad. So keep 'em coming. :)
"Do you still wish to fight me?"

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2003, 10:44:51 PM »

I talked with jappione (graphic artist/designer) and he said that you, odnorf, should look at the picture more closely. Basicly the picture is full of standard photoshop filters.  ;D

I noticed that! But all the other filters are not so obvious to a non photoshop user. The one in the wall is practically killing my eyes. But I guess this is because my work IS photoshop and I notice all those things. That's the reason I don't like them. I have seen them used many-many-many.....many-many times before. I admit that a simple user wouldn't notice them (an if he did, he wouldn't mind). Anyway, the two pictures in your site looks very good (we or without the filters). I'll post my opinions in your forum in a few days... :)
fl*p

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.