Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: A little trouble with Game.PlayMusic  (Read 3657 times)

Javi-Wan Kenobi

• Supporter
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
A little trouble with Game.PlayMusic
« on: April 15, 2008, 10:30:11 AM »

When I was developing and debugging my game, the game.PlayMusic("somemusicfile") lines worked fine.
With the compiled game, these script lines take a lot of time (five secons or so) to run. May it be because the music files are too big (and they're compressed on the music.dcp file)  It will work faster with these files uncompressed?
The original music files are ogg files, from 5 to 15 MB. What's the best file format and file size for a better efficiency?

MMR

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
  • http://mmrdeveloper.wordpress.com/
    • View Profile
    • TinyWME
Re: A little trouble with Game.PlayMusic
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 12:29:32 PM »

I think the size of music files doesn't matter, OGG files are the best for WME (IMHO).

You shouldn't compress music files inside the package that contain the ogg files (in ProjectManager go to menu Project->Project settings->Filters tab), you could see there a text field named 'do not compress'. You should have a text like this "*.wav;*.ogg;*.png" (without quotes). Try to see if that's your problem.

;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:33:15 PM by MMR »

Jyujinkai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Jyujinkai's WME Development Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 12:48:11 PM »

you shouldn't compress png files? Are there any other files that should be skipped in the compression process like this?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:52:45 PM by Jyujinkai »
<Antoine de Saint-Exupéry> In any thing at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away...
<Carl Sagan> If you want to make a apple pie from scratch. You must first... invent the universe

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 12:58:46 PM »

Well, png files are already compressed so there is no need to try to compress them again. The same applies to other files like jpg, ogg vorbis, ogg theora etc
fl*p

Javi-Wan Kenobi

• Supporter
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 02:09:07 PM »

I think the size of music files doesn't matter, OGG files are the best for WME (IMHO).

You shouldn't compress music files inside the package that contain the ogg files (in ProjectManager go to menu Project->Project settings->Filters tab), you could see there a text field named 'do not compress'. You should have a text like this "*.wav;*.ogg;*.png" (without quotes). Try to see if that's your problem.

;)
I did that, it works fine know.
Thanks a lot.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.