Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: How to make movable objects?  (Read 2273 times)

G.o.D

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
How to make movable objects?
« on: May 15, 2008, 12:56:48 PM »

Hello,

i am new to wintermute engine and i want to make a adventure room where you have to push a object to reveal something that is hidden behind it.

i dont know how one would make this. i tried to make an actor with only a single frame, but when i load it (via script, aka is there a way to add a actor from within the room editor?) it is always drawn in front of the real actor and i dont know how to tell it via script when it is drawn in front and when behind the real actor, besides that it is outside of the walkable area, so it is drawn red coloured.

ofcourse i could just make a sprite, but it seems there is no 'object.GoTo(x,y)' command neither on sprites, nor on entities

so what would be the best way, to make a object, which stands in the middle of the room, so you can walk behind it and in front of it, and which you could move (slowly) to another position - like GoTo would on a actor, not like SkipTo

thanx for any help

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: How to make movable objects?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 02:26:02 PM »

You can either use actor (with only one direction defined) or you can script the movement yourself by changing the object's X and Y properties in a loop.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.