Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: Extremely new  (Read 3962 times)

suehi

• Lurker
  • eh?
    • View Profile
Extremely new
« on: April 04, 2009, 11:20:06 AM »

I'm an English as a second language teacher who loves casual hidden object games who wants to learn how to make them for myself to make games for my students that match what I'm teaching. My online research has pointed me in the direction of Wintermute as a great resource. However, I'm only a user of tech, not a creator at the moment. I have enjoyed working out html (wysiwyg mostly), blogs, wikis etc in the past, but I'm not sure I want to learn this much tech. Is this a reasonable goal or should I wait until someone more tech savvy gives me the tools?
Sue

Catacomber

• Supporter
  • Frequent poster
  • I love mice.
    • View Profile
    • Catacomber.com
Re: Extremely new
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 05:56:58 AM »

Hi, Sue.  I was making our game as a casual hidden object game and that type of game gives pleasure to a great many people. 

It's not really hard to do it with Wintermute and if you would like any info please contact me.  I'm sure if you posted any problems here in the technical forum, people would be glad to help you. We changed over to a more traditional adventure game only because we are very heavy on story and therefore a straight adventure game is more suitable.  : )

It does involve learning some tech, but I'm not a programmer and picked it up.  The WME book online helped me a lot and Mnemonic is always there and many people are very helpful.   :  )   If your students had to use any program I think WME would be the way to go as the forum is very helpful and WME is very logical in the way it operates, once you learn it.   
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 06:13:36 AM by Catacomber »
http://www.catacomber.com/
Code: WME Script
  1. Mnemonic is wonderful.

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.