Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Exporting .X from Blender  (Read 23200 times)

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting .X from Blender
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 05:36:02 PM »

Is Blender a good option for a wintermute project?

Only for the background and the hidden geometry. You can also find a tutorial about that in the WME Wiki here: http://wiki.dead-code.org/wakka.php?wakka=BlenderHiddenGeometryExport&v=1ahg

For models - as far as I know - there is unfortunately no direct way to go yet from Blender, all existing exporters lack in "something". You can export pure mesh models (without bones/animations) from Blender to 3dsmax and animate it there to export it via Panda, but I don't know of any direct way yet.
Mooh!

keko

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 05:59:21 PM »

That in the case that you want to sell your game/project, if you have been using max only for animate them, you have to pay the full license?? It´s too expensive  :o , and I´ve got a student one but it´s only for not commertial things.  :-\

What about Lightwave, Softimage or Maya? Any problem exporting with these programs?

Thanks

PD: And what about indirect ways? Any success? In that case? How? I don´t mind to do it in some steps if I get finally the character working properly in wintermute XD

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 07:12:57 PM by keko »

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 09:56:17 PM »

PD: And what about indirect ways? Any success? In that case? How? I don´t mind to do it in some steps if I get finally the character working properly in wintermute XD

By "indirect way" I was talking about the modelling in Blender only and exporting it to 3ds max for the rest (as I like Blender as Modeler). I tried a lot of ways, too, but didn't find a working solution for it without usings 3ds max.

I've got no experience yet with the other programs you mentioned though.
Mooh!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 24 queries.