Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Juniper Crescent - The Sapphire Claw  (Read 8420 times)

deadworm222

• Regular poster
  • Wintermute Army
    • View Profile
Juniper Crescent - The Sapphire Claw
« on: April 29, 2005, 08:18:44 AM »

"From the co-designer and co-writer of 'Broken Sword - The Sleeping Dragon', using characters from the comic strip 'Juniper Crescent', comes a cartoon comedy game that will entertain and delight" - http://www.juniper-games.com/sapphire/sapphire.htm

Looking VERY promising, especially since Steve Ince is known of actually finishing projects. ;)

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
Re: Juniper Crescent - The Sapphire Claw
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 09:08:21 AM »

Oh, and - it's Steve Ince. And - the game is using the Wintermute Engine.  ;)
Here is the full press release:

Juniper Crescent – The Sapphire Claw

DANGER! MYSTERY! INTRIGUE! FUR BALLS!

Introducing a new hero for today’s gaming generation – he’s bold, he’s daring, he’s oh so smooth, with a sense of self-preservation and leadership that makes him unafraid to delegate when deadly peril rears its head. He’s Scout the One-Eyed Cat.

Juniper Crescent – The Sapphire Claw is a cartoon escapade that sees our hero forsake his beloved pastime of lying in the sun to take up the challenge of finding the Sapphire Claw, a fabled cat artefact that few even believe exists.

Steve Ince, writer and designer on Broken Sword – The Sleeping Dragon, creates a wonderful game based on his popular web comic, Juniper Crescent, bringing to life a rich cast of animal characters and interwoven with varied and challenging gameplay.

Juniper Crescent – The Sapphire Claw is a globe trotting mission in which Scout – armed with his wits, charm and a loyal band of animal friends – must deal with a continuing series of obstacles, a host of dynamic characters and danger at every twist and turn. Travelling through a range of exotic locations, the team’s various skills and abilities must be fully utilised if the player is to help them achieve their ultimate objectives.

Beat the boss... find the treasure... save the dog!

Juniper Games – Steve Ince has over twelve years experience in the development of quality, groundbreaking titles such as Beneath a Steel Sky, The Broken Sword Trilogy, and In Cold Blood, among others. He formed Juniper Games to continue that excellent pedigree in richer, more inclusive escapade games, with a firm commitment to giving the player high interaction density throughout.

Publishers: There is significant interest in Juniper Crescent – The Sapphire Claw and Juniper Games is in discussion with a number of publishers. All interested parties should contact Juniper Games to set appointments at E3, time permitting.

Further Details:
E-mail: info@juniper-games.com
Business and Marketing Agent: Laura MacDonald, lauramac@juniper-games.com
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 09:13:20 AM by Jerrot »
Mooh!

Scout

• Lurker
  • Currently in development...
    • View Profile
    • Juniper Games
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 04:09:16 PM »

And - the game is using the Wintermute Engine.  ;)
It's the best around for what I want to do.  What else would I use?

I'd like to thank Jan for his support while I was putting together my prototype demo.   ::rock

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 08:15:58 PM »

I'd like to thank Jan for his support while I was putting together my prototype demo.   ::rock

Hm... That explains a lot to me...  ;)
fl*p

deadworm222

• Regular poster
  • Wintermute Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 06:48:22 PM »

I thought about mentioning the WME thing, but then thought that it'd be obvious. Well, I probably should've.

Scout

• Lurker
  • Currently in development...
    • View Profile
    • Juniper Games
Juniper Games’ Design a Character Competition!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 05:10:52 PM »

For those who are interested:

Juniper Games is pleased to announce a contest, where you, the player, have the chance to get a character of your own design into a game.

And not just ANY game –

We are talking about, Juniper Crescent – The Sapphire Claw!

It’s simple.  Go to the Juniper games or participating gaming site and read the rules, design your character, send it in and wait anxiously.  It’s easy, fun and free!  That’s right, you can enter as many times as you like, for free!  Providing you follow the rules.

After the closing date the panel will go through the mountains of entries and pick those we feel deserve to go onto the next round – then it is up to the public. All the finalists will be published at the Juniper Games website and participating gaming sites for public view for 2 weeks.  All the finalists will receive a signed print of a Steve Ince version of their character – worth the entry fee on its own!

Everyone will then be able to vote [only once] on their favourite entry.  At the end of the voting period – we’ll count them all up and see who won [it could be you!].  The winning entry will be used by us to create a brand new character in the interactive thriller...

Juniper Crescent – The Sapphire Claw!

And not only is entering and voting easy AND free! – it gets better!  The winner will see their name at the end of a long list of tiny scrolling credits at the end of the amazing game...

Juniper Crescent – The Sapphire Claw!

Yes!  Fame is just around the corner!  Enter today and avoid the rush!

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.