Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Game Explorer Add problem  (Read 3461 times)

TheDerman

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Game Explorer Add problem
« on: May 13, 2008, 03:32:31 PM »

Hi,

I'm using Inno Setup, and I have added the appropriate -gameexploreradd etc. parts to the setup file. Everything was working fine with this previously - the game installed with no problems, and integrated with Game Explorer.

But now, for no apparent reason I'm getting an error when trying to install the game. When the setup gets to the -gamexploreradd part I get an error with the "Send", "Don't send" things. I get the same error when uninstalling the game. Problem is with the "game.exe" file, and something to do with "ModName:kernel32.dll"

I remember I had this problem once before, and back then it seemed to be linked to the string.tab file. In the game explorer strings section, if I used the www, after http:// for the websites, then I seemed to get the above mentioned problem, but if I didn't use WWW, then I didn't get the problem. So, I thought that was the issue for whatever technical reason (which I would not understand anyway  ;)).

But now I'm getting this issue again, and I haven't changed anything with the game except that I've added a new scene, added a Theora video, and changed a few script lines.

The game installs and runs fine even with this issue, so I think the problem is the game explorer part of the install. The problem was there with 1.8.1 and is still there with 1.8.6

Sooooo, any ideas...?

Thanks.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Game Explorer Add problem
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 03:48:29 PM »

It's hard to tell. Unfortunately WME's crash reporter will not catch this particular crash, therefore a testing (mini)game exhibiting the crash would be most helpful for me.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

TheDerman

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Re: Game Explorer Add problem
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 03:44:30 PM »

Well I tried it on another computer and it worked fine. So, I went back and simply changed back all the files to how they were before, rather than reverting to a backup, and that was fine too. So, maybe something I added is the problem, or maybe just my computer needs reformatting - haven't done it in about a year - bout time I reckon.  8)

Anyway - I'll see what I can do about sending something, if you're interested to see if it does it on your compy.

Thanks anyway.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.