Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: graphics resolution using graphic/text in a window  (Read 2574 times)

Kaz

• Arberth Studios
  • Regular poster
  • The story is the game
    • View Profile
    • Info on 'Rhiannon' & 'Coven'
graphics resolution using graphic/text in a window
« on: January 06, 2008, 03:32:50 PM »

Hi

I'm having a problem with the look of a textbook I'm trying to place in my game. It's made up of individual pages of text and graphics. It all looks fine in the Windows editor but once in the game, the text becomes pixellated.

Tech detail: game at 1024x768, Window matches graphic actual size at 618x402, PNG transparency.

Anybody got any ideas what may be causing the graphical display difference between the Windows editor (OK) and the in-game view (pixellated)?

Thanks.

Kaz
\"Fans of popular horror adventures like Scratches and Barrow Hill should start bracing themselves for another haunting experience, as independent developer Arberth Studios has announced production on its debut title Rhiannon - Curse of the Four Branches.\" - AdventureGamers.com

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: graphics resolution using graphic/text in a window
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 03:35:46 PM »

Can you post some screenshots?
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Kaz

• Arberth Studios
  • Regular poster
  • The story is the game
    • View Profile
    • Info on 'Rhiannon' & 'Coven'
Re: graphics resolution using graphic/text in a window
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 05:59:13 PM »

Hi Mnemonic

Thanks for the diagnostic suggestion - by forcing both versions into graphics files, we noticed the difference had disappeared. So we thought it might be hardware. Once the screen was set to Native Resolution, the difference disappeared in the game as well. No further problem.

Advice to fellow 'Muties - always default hardware to Native Resolution, regardless of Game Resolution Settings.

Thanks for a very speedy response - especially on a Sunday!

Cheers

Kaz
\"Fans of popular horror adventures like Scratches and Barrow Hill should start bracing themselves for another haunting experience, as independent developer Arberth Studios has announced production on its debut title Rhiannon - Curse of the Four Branches.\" - AdventureGamers.com

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.