Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Cheetah 3d  (Read 7035 times)

Catacomber

• Supporter
  • Frequent poster
  • I love mice.
    • View Profile
    • Catacomber.com
Cheetah 3d
« on: August 07, 2009, 02:22:51 AM »

Has anyone used this?  I now am running Mac and Windows and this seems to be a good intro to 3d for those (like me) who have never used a 3d program before.  I know Blender is open source for Mac as well as Windows and I do intend to learn it--but this has gotten some good reviews for introducing new 3d users to 3d based on its controls.

http://www.cheetah3d.com/
http://www.catacomber.com/
Code: WME Script
  1. Mnemonic is wonderful.

HelLRaiseR

• I don't want to make a Monkey Island clone :(
  • Wiki editor
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Adventure Box Studios
Re: Cheetah 3d
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 01:29:41 PM »

I don't have use this. But, if it's interesting for you, I've several references of this soft, some friends used Cheeta and they speak marvellous about this. As appears, the principal features are the easy of use, the intuitive task and as appear, there has a amazing tool for make the UVW, and a wonderful tool for animate the characters

When I say, I don't work with this, due that I'm not a MAC guy ;)

Probably, if you don't have any experience with 3D tool, you could try Cinema 4D. Of course, Cinema 4d is very much more expensive that Cheeta.

I'm not a 3D artist, I've only very good knowledge of 2D technics, but you can see the kind of things that you can do with a very little knowledge of 3D technics and Cinema 4D in this example (about 10 hours of work):

This image has been modelled in Cinema 4D, only with primitives and boole operations, without manipulation of the mesh, the textures isn't applied with UVW, the render, ligths and the toon effects has the default configuration.

I think that with this characteristics, the image don't see very much bad, isn't it?
Regards,

Fernando

Catacomber

• Supporter
  • Frequent poster
  • I love mice.
    • View Profile
    • Catacomber.com
Re: Cheetah 3d
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 07:57:40 PM »

Your work is gorgeous, HelLRaiseR!!!! I love the colors and the mood.  I think will try Cheetah and go from there as I have no 3d experience and to buy Cinema4D without experience could be a waste.  :  )  I think Cinema4D is something to think about after I get more experience.  :  )

Thanks.  : ) 
http://www.catacomber.com/
Code: WME Script
  1. Mnemonic is wonderful.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.