Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: "portable" blocked regions and perhaps... walk_behind regions??  (Read 3424 times)

fabiobasile

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • my brand new website!!
"portable" blocked regions and perhaps... walk_behind regions??
« on: September 19, 2006, 04:45:23 AM »

I have put together this whole bunch of sprites representing, isometrically, walls and props from every direction. The great thing is that i can play with them pretty much like with Lego blocks, creatting all sorts of buildings and scenes the same way as a conventional "game level editor", the only problem is that in the end i have a LOT of pieces in the scene and this becomes a problem when i want to set the walk-behind regions and collision regions...

I thought that perhaps if there was a way to set up "local" regions directly on the sprites (for example in the code contained in the .scene file) i could just lay the pieces in the scene and then open the file in the notepad and do the same thing i did with "portable" collision regions with the actor and NPCs. Before i go ahead and do it is there actually a better way to handle this?
What would i do with a million dollar? I'd give it to what's left of Black Isle/Interplay and tell them to finish the damn game!!!

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: "portable" blocked regions and perhaps... walk_behind regions??
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 07:22:32 AM »

Nope, nothing like that. If your "tiles" are small enough, I'd recommend placing them into scene as free entities (create a sprite for each wall piece and move the hot-spot to the bottom-center part of the tile). That way the z-sorting will work. Then just lay blocked regions along the walls and throw in some waypoints around them.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.