Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Little TTF issue  (Read 2600 times)

wedge

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Little TTF issue
« on: February 24, 2007, 07:41:35 PM »

Hello.

I'm new to WME and working on transfering the little demo I had made before. I was working on my own engine and as I now have much less time, and that of course it is a dauting task, when I discovered your engine I tried it and already manage to recreate the scene I had made quite easily. I still have to implement the little test dialog I had.

Before that I'm trying to set up the menu and I've come into a little difficulty, I've followed the insctructions in the documentation about using ttf by creating a .font file with a specific set of instruction, which I've done I've managed to create it correctly, at least I think, but it don't have the same render at all, it looks as if a replacement font were used.

Here is a shot of my ingame menu on my little engine and what the same font with the same size and color parameter looks like in the font preview (I obviously get the same when placing it in a .window file and when running the engine).

Here is the code of my font file :
Code: [Select]
TTFONT
{
  SIZE = 90 
  FACE = "Nadia"
  FILENAME = "fonts\nadia.ttf"

BOLD = FALSE
  ITALIC = FALSE
  UNDERLINE = TRUE
  STRIKE = FALSE

CHARSET = 1

COLOR { 194, 143, 46 }
  ALPHA = 255

}

It is very simple but I don't think there is something missing. As there is a thing saying to make sure not to place it in package I even tried placing full path to the file even though it would not be right in the end as the game might be anywhere on the player hard drive.

I've placed the font here if needed : http://www.atlanteans.net/nadia.ttfI hope you'll be able to help me sort this little trouble :)

Of course I've placed the example about the main title on the top of my previous ingame menu, but the trouble is the same for the options as it is using the same font.
If a life is without a dream.
What aim have this life ?
If a life is without love.
Which happiness are we talking about?

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Little TTF issue
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 07:57:35 PM »

Welcome wedge,

if you open the font in Window Font Viewer, you'll find the typeface name isn't "Nadia", but "Tiranti Solid LET". So changing the face line to:

FACE = "Tiranti Solid LET"

should do the trick.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

wedge

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Little TTF issue
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 08:18:34 PM »

argh that was so simple can't believe I did not saw it I had checked the font file not the fint face

If a life is without a dream.
What aim have this life ?
If a life is without love.
Which happiness are we talking about?

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.