Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Jade:DS - Online Distribution for Independent Developers  (Read 5426 times)

SunSailor

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Jade:DS - Online Distribution for Independent Developers
« on: January 19, 2010, 11:00:57 PM »

Jade:DS is looking for Projects
Jade:DS is an online distribution platform with its main focus on independent projects. It consists of two parts, a specialized CMS for web presentation and the shopping system and a client server architecture, which deploys the game data to the legitimated users. While the client server components are still under development - I expect them to be ready in Q2/2010 - the web site component is already working. I'm distributing the OGRE-based Snakeworlds (see  showcase thread) as the first project and I'm looking for more projects now.
If you are currently developing a game on your own or already finished one and you are looking for an easy and cost effective way of distribution, please contact me. I don't do any finance for the hosted projects, but if you want to keep more control over your product and your sales, Jade:DS should be the right solution for you. My approach currently follows a self-publishing concept, which means, the presentation and with it the marketing is yours and we supply the hard- and software platform for the sale. At the moment, I run a special offer without hosting fee (Will be around 30€ per month later) and I don't charge any services. From each sold unit, I keep a fixed share of 20%, which will be something between 20 and 35% later. The only sale independent costs at the moment are the annual fees for domains. If you decide to host your project with Jade:DS now, the discounted conditions remain valid for the rest of your hosting time.

Features, Web Interface[/u]
  • User registration and profile
  • Integrated bulletin board
  • Message system for customers
  • Shopping system with paypal and transfer payment (More payment methods coming soon)
  • Galleries, tables of content and other automatic generated page elements
  • Blog, newsletter and support facilities
  • Multi-language content management
  • Full administrative control
  • Full customizable appearance
  • Flexible product hierachies for addons, dlc, media bundles or upgrades
Features, Client/Server Infrastructure[/u]
  • Available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS are planned
  • Integrated chat system
  • Immediate update of products
  • Pre-caching of new revisions
  • Game remains runnable during update process
  • Online storage for highscore lists, progress dependent pages and achievements
  • High scaleable design
  • OGRE and Wintermute archive plugins
These components are still under development.

Future Features
  • Matchmaking
  • Ladder management
  • Server rosters
  • NAT-safe p2p connections for games
If you have questions or suggestions about my service, contact me by eMail, chat or pn. In case of seriouse interest, I'm happy to offer you a guided tour through the features of my system. For more information take a look at the Jade:DS website.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Andreas "SunSailor" Podgurski
Mediaguild UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Weststrasse 4
42555 Velbert

Jabber+MSN:  Andreas.Podgurski@Gmx.de
EMail:  Andreas.Podgurski@Mediaguild.de
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 06:17:23 PM by SunSailor »

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.