Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: individualy lighting for every 3d actor  (Read 24146 times)

Jyujinkai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Jyujinkai's WME Development Blog
Re: individualy lighting for every 3d actor
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 02:09:32 PM »

? no answer ... ?
the (actual problem) is:
i have my characters and than i have my sky actor. but when the sky actor is affected by the same lights as my characters i cant control the colours of the sky.
example: i have a night scene with some creepy lights affecting the chars. but these lights also affect the sky actor and turns my dark grey clouds into freaky neon green clouds...
this looks funny but is not the impression i want ..

stucki

Can't you try baking the dark scary clouds into the texture? Basicaly make the texture real deep so the illumination of the lights dose nto affect it so much?

or can you put a huge floating BOX between your lights and the sky object... so all the lighting from the scene can not hit anything in the sky? This, with some fiddeling could allow you to set up more lights that can not affect theground either.. thus giving you a doge way to light the sky actor by itself.
<Antoine de Saint-Exupéry> In any thing at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away...
<Carl Sagan> If you want to make a apple pie from scratch. You must first... invent the universe

Stucki

• Frequent poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Schach-Welten
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 04:02:19 PM »

@ Jan.
thanks for your answer. so i will wait patiently ...

@ Jyujinkai:
thanks for your ideas !!
making the texture more dark could be a possible solution. i will have to try this .. but i think setting the lights individually for every char will lead to much more freedom in working with lights in scenes ...

about the floating box ...

i think this would work in max, but i dont think this will work in wme.... i dont believe that lighting in wme is calculated this way ? or am i wrong ?

greets
stucki

Jyujinkai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Jyujinkai's WME Development Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 04:20:26 PM »

Well i think you can light in wme to have dark spots... say a bunch of pillars in a room close to camera, lights behind pillars.. and toon walks in front of pillar.. light dosn't reach toon... thus toon darkens.... so scene geometry dose affect the lighting.... . . haven't tested a floating box.. but it may cause problems with how wme calculates the ground plane.
<Antoine de Saint-Exupéry> In any thing at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away...
<Carl Sagan> If you want to make a apple pie from scratch. You must first... invent the universe
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.