Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: odnorf's 'dreams' project  (Read 8854 times)

Scarpia

• Occasional poster
  • Rich kid trash web designer :-P
    • View Profile
    • junk dot dk
odnorf's 'dreams' project
« on: January 13, 2004, 12:44:58 AM »

hi all :)

i just surfed around these forums for a while again today, and wound up at odnorf's "dreams" project web site... and WHAT AMAZING SCREENSHOTS!! I've been toying around with graphics in Photoshop these past few weeks, and I'd really appreciate it if some kind soul (maybe you, odnorf? *s*) could help me out here:

* how was the 'dreams' head line created? what font is used, and how did you apply the spattered effect?

* the screenshots are _amazing_, how did you accomplish that effect? how many different image layers do you use, how is the glowing colors done, and again, the spattering - how IS that done? hmm...

Sincerely,

Scarpia [back from a loooooooong break in which I've moved to a different town, bought a beautiful new laptop and started my B.Sc. in Comp.Science]
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 12:45:30 AM by Scarpia »

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re:odnorf's 'dreams' project
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 07:56:17 AM »

Welcome back, Scarpia!

Unfortunately odnorf is in the army till november :( But he appears here from time to time for a few days and I'm sure he'll be happy to chat about Dreams :)
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 11:29:36 AM »

And as for the Dreams logo, AFAIK he printed it on a paper, then destroyed the paper in various ways, than scanned it back in :)

(I hope I didn't reveal any secret know-how :))
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 11:29:47 AM by Mnemonic »
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Nihil

• Supporter
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Fear me! I'm evil!
    • View Profile
    • Order of Dagon
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 11:54:19 AM »

I think I have a font installed that looks slightly like the one odnorf used - when I'm at home I look for it and send it via Mail if you want.

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2004, 02:46:44 PM »

Thanks for you good words Scarpia.  :) (Although in my opinion those screenshots are not that good. They have been made in a very short time. I'll recreate them all when I'll finish the army.)

Let's start....
The font I used is just the famous and not very unusual "helvetica". I just destrroyed the font in the way Mnemonic described. (And NO, it's not a secret. It's a technic not discovered by me afterall.)

As for the screenshots.... I don't think that I can create a tutorial for that not because it's difficult but because I just can't. I am not home so I don't have screenshots and such to post as examples.

Oh... and I used from 20 to 250 layers in each image.

Offtopic: Damn... I have so many ideas for the backgrounds and especially how to create the characters and I can't work on them....  >:(
fl*p

Noga

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: odnorf's 'dreams' project
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 12:46:40 AM »

I know how you must feel. I had same problem few years ago when I worked on game and week before release date duty comes. I never finished this game because after year in army I forget everything am working on.
Sry for my eng, I hope that you understand what I meant, dont stop your project and of course Foff army

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re: odnorf's 'dreams' project
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 11:29:36 AM »

Thanks. I won't stop this project. Actually I have never stoped thinking about it and now i have more ideas for it than before. Army has slowed me down, it hasn't stopped me  ;)
fl*p

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.