Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: Calling all artists!  (Read 4159 times)

charliew

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Calling all artists!
« on: July 23, 2005, 03:49:22 PM »

(Sorry, this is a copy of a topic I posted elsewhere so excuse it when it sounds like I think you don't know too much about adventure game creation)

(Also, I wanted to use WME for this project, but I've already used SLUDGE for several years and feel that it would better (and faster) to just stick to SLUDGE seeing as I'd have to learn WME)

--

I am the founder of a nameless indie-adventure developer team. We are working on a game called "A Viking In Town's Square", featuring a viking who accidentally gets transported to modern day New York. We have a full engine and interface in place, and story maps and all that type of stuff. However, we are in desperate need of an artist...All of my team members and I suck at drawing.

Here's some more information

What type of game are you making?
It's a comedy adventure in the style of Monkey Island...Screenshots later.

What are you making it with?
There's a game creation language called "SLUDGE", that we are programming it with. We have written an interface that looks like Monkey Island, Day Of The Tentacle, and some other similar games. We call our interface/engine/code combination "CheeseySCUMM".

About the Team Members
Charliew (aka me): Project Leader, Interface Designer and Programmer, Writer (I also came up with the idea)
El Ryacko - Writing, Story
RussellB - Dialogue

We need a Character + Background + Object artist.

And to make sure you are compatible with our software, all files must be in TGA format (characters: each frame is TGA also but try not to use too many frames as we input them one by one) and must have Pure Magenta (aka #FF00FF, Red: 255, Green: 0, Blue: 255) as transparency.

...Will I get paid?
Probably not. It's not likely that any of us will.

Contact Charliew at charliew1@gmail.com for applications

Thanks in advanced
Charlie

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 24 queries.