Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: New user question :D  (Read 2672 times)

parsa28

• Lurker
    • View Profile
New user question :D
« on: April 12, 2008, 11:56:11 AM »

Hello there, I'm new to the whole Wintermute and generally game dev. thing . My main issue is the graphics part: characters, animations,... . And well, i want my game to look like a cartoon but I'm not THAT good at sketching to make 2d animations in Flash or something. So i decided to use 3ds max's cel shader and do the modeling stuff with zBrush. But for the animations, I still don't know what to do. Is there anyway other than exporting frame-by-frame gifs (like grrrr i don't remember her name, the girl in the wintermute sample) ? What do you suggest to make character animations using 3ds max while cartoon-rendering them ? Thanks  ;D 

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Re: New user question :D
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 12:02:15 PM »

exporting them as 3D .X models and animating them in Max could be your solution.
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

parsa28

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 08:59:22 AM »

Well I tried the frame-by-frame pre-rendered way with my own model's walking sprites and replaced it with Molly's sprites. The sprite looks Ok in the editor mode but after i run the game, the model looks low-res. Is it always like this or there is a solution for this  ?
And I think I can't use .x models cuz I want cartoon rendering and it can't be pre-rendered ?
Thanks.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 08:01:30 AM »

What do you mean "low-res"? The actor is scaled the way you define scaling in SceneEdit.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 24 queries.