Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: An actor walking "off the stage"?  (Read 2399 times)

DocBass

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
An actor walking "off the stage"?
« on: July 19, 2008, 10:23:47 AM »

Is there any way to have the actor (2D) walk out of the X axis of the game stage? So for example if he is exiting the screen on the right, I am trying to make him walk entirely off the screen before switching. Currently he will just go to the edge, stop walking, then the game switches. I have tried extending the floor much to the right to give them the space to do so, but it still stops him at the edge. I know it is also possible to start the actor off the stage in a scene_init if the floor exists where you want him to be. However I just can't get it to work when trying to get him off the stage. Is this possible? If not, could it possibly be a feature request? :) I know it would greatly help the presentation if the character the player is using appears to continuously walk between scenes as opposed to stopping at the edge of a screen, then starting to walk again when the next one appears...Thanks!

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: An actor walking "off the stage"?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »

It should be perfectly possible, providing the walkable area is there and you use the correct coordinates for GoTo command.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.