Wintermute Engine > Fixed

Widescreen Bug in WME Devkit 1810

(1/1)

blacklight:
This is my first post, hi guys! Thanks to all WME developers, great job.

A few month ago, I started developing an Adventure with the aspect ration 4:3 (1024 x 768 Px.). Recently, I downloaded the new WME widescreen build (wme_devkit_1810.exe) because I mainly use widescreen displays and I don't like the stretched screen (I  know it's possible to set a "dont stretch fullscreen" flag in some graphic card driver, unfortunately not all.)

I encountered several problems with the widescreen build:
------------------------------------------------------------------

- When I'm using the flag "maintain aspect ratio", I have on my widescreen displays on the left & right side black stripes and the aspect ratio stays correct. That's great, but I can move the cursor inside these stripes, the cursor is not stopped at the left & right scene image border. It's even worser with "allow desktop resolution", It's really difficult to finde the mouse cursor again. (Ok, I could write a script, but it's better you fix it Mnemonic.)

- Pointing to a specific Coordinate on screen causes problems. Example: Setting the mouse pointer to x=100, y=100 works perfectly without "maintain aspect ratio". With it, the cursor is (if you set it in gameloop) jumping between -28/100 and 100/100.

- The same problem as mentioned above with Game.LockMouseRect (jumping cursor).

PS: Please add the new widescreen strings like "maintain aspect ratio" to the string table. I'd like to translate them into german for my project.

odnorf:

--- Quote from: blacklight on February 21, 2009, 01:28:58 PM ---PS: Please add the new widescreen strings like "maintain aspect ratio" to the string table. I'd like to translate them into german for my project.

--- End quote ---

Those are in the string table. Check string.tab in the demo project directories.

blacklight:
Thanks a lot. I've seen it now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version