Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: plugin system questions  (Read 3666 times)

FogGobbler

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
plugin system questions
« on: July 07, 2005, 12:04:22 AM »

Hi!

I can´t remember where I read it, but somebody said that the next big vresion of the wme would contain a better plugin system.

Does that mean i.e. that some clever guy could program a plugin for a dynamic particle system, other 3d character effects or sucdh things?

So is it possible to override some of the functions and create other / new ones.

Sorry, perhaps I dreamt this all, but if so, it is another point on my wishlist  ;)

Thanks,
Oli

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
Re: plugin system questions
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 09:24:08 AM »

Hi,

I can´t remember where I read it, but somebody said that the next big vresion of the wme would contain a better plugin system.
Does that mean i.e. that some clever guy could program a plugin for a dynamic particle system, other 3d character effects or sucdh things?
Sorry, perhaps I dreamt this all, but if so, it is another point on my wishlist  ;)

No dream - it will be possible for those libraries to access current game objects. Of course it still uses the very same engine, so I doubt you could influence 3d character effects. But about the particle system you are right - I'm waiting for the final version of this support for exactly this purpose.

EDIT: Of course this is only how I got it. I can't know about final decisions of Mnemonic of course and maybe it all sucks and will never come into a release. ;-) But the plan was as mentioned. Check Mnemonics signature, follow the link, check the "Snow Storm" entry. :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 09:27:12 AM by Jerrot »
Mooh!

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.