Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: WME 1.9.1 (Kinjal Edition, v1.8)  (Read 44349 times)

Kinjal

• WME Kinjal Edition Developer
  • Occasional poster
    • View Profile
WME 1.9.1 (Kinjal Edition, v1.8)
« on: December 09, 2009, 07:14:14 AM »

v1.7a (12.01.2010):
  NEW: Decreased size of game executable.
  FIX: Fixed bug with checkbox definition (crash on game shutdown).

WindowEdit.exe updates:
    NEW: Support for checkbox.
    NEW: An option "Draw selection for selected control only" in Tools->Options.
                      If disabled, selection will drawn for all visible objects in window, even if they are not selected.

v1.7 (10.01.2010):
  + Added new visual control: CHECKBOX. Similar to button control.
  Example of declaration in .window file:

Code: [Select]
 CHECKBOX
  {
    NAME="MyCheckbox"

X=-420
    Y=240
    WIDTH=100
    HEIGHT=100
    DISABLED=FALSE
    VISIBLE=TRUE
    PARENT_NOTIFY=TRUE
    PIXEL_PERFECT=FALSE
    FOCUSABLE=FALSE
    CENTER_IMAGE=FALSE
    PRESSED=TRUE ; initial state: checked or not. true - checked.

IMAGE="checkbox_checked.png" ; image of initial state. should be similar to "PRESSED" state.
    SCRIPT="scripts\system\mycheckbox.script"

EDITOR_PROPERTY
      {
        NAME="Selected"
        VALUE="False"
      }
  }

Example of mycheckbox.script:

#include "scripts\base.inc"

on "init" // called immediately after script file has been read.
{
self.SetPressedOnImage("checkbox_checked.png"); // checked image
self.SetPressedOffImage("checkbox_unchecked.png"); // unchecked image.
}

on "checked" // current image of checkbox will be automatically switched to image, that you set in "SetPressedOnImage" call.
{
Game.Msg("checked!");
}

on "unchecked" // same. Automatically will be switched to image you set in "SetPressedOffImage".
{
Game.Msg("unchecked!");
}
 + Added "Type" identifier to in-game debug statistic. Now when mouse is over some object, its will show not "Name: active_object", but "Name: active_object (Type: type_of_object)". Plus little cosmetician changes in text output.
  + Added new param to exe's command line: "-nosettingsdlg" (Aleksandr Recoba request). Game executable started with this option will not show settings dialog in first time and in following startups of game also. But you don't have to call your game exe with "-nosettingsdlg" all time! Its need just in first time launch when your game has been just installed, settings are set automatically by your installer, and you just won't allow user to see settings dialog.
     If you gonna use this you have to write to registry(or ini), where you stored your game options, default settings via your game installer.
     Plus, this command line param is useful if all needed in your opinion options are already set in "Options" menu in your game.
  - Fixed Game.IsFullScreenSwitchSupported property. Now it works as suggested.

Some notes that will be useful mostly to advanced developers who plan to merge his version of engine sources with mine:
  a) Compiled with DirectX 9 SDK November 2008 & Windows SDK v7.0. So you need to deploy d3dx9_40.dll with your game. WME_D3D9.exe still working fine on DX8-based hardware (I test every new version of KE on GeForce 2, in addition to mine primary gfx video card GeForce 9800GTX+), so you can don't use wme.exe(DX8-based renderer).
  b) d3dx8tex.h replaced with d3dx9tex.h
  c) Moved "b)" from 3DShadowGen.cpp to dcgf.h (prevent compile errors because "a)" changes)
  d) Added DIRECTSOUND_HEADER_VERSION & DIRECTINPUT_HEADER_VERSION to dcgf.h (prevent some compile errors because "a)" changes)
  e) PlatformWin.h: typedef GUID *REFKNOWNFOLDERID; -> typedef GUID *REFKNOWNFOLDERIDA; (prevent mass compile errors because "a)" changes)
  f) Internal Game->LOG function has been changed from (HRESULT res, LPSTR fmt, ...) to (int EchoInGame, LPSTR fmt, ...):
     Game->LOG(0, "bla") - echo to log file only.
     Game->LOG(1, "bla") - echo to log file plus echo to in-game window in manner of "Script Runtime Error" message. This will be widely used by me specially for situations like "Syntax error in BLABLA definition", which will be outputted via Game->LOG(1, error_message). In this moment its used only in checkbox definition. Try to make typo in token, and you'll see how it will be outputted in game.
  g) _WIN32_WINNT has been changed from 0x0500 to 0x0501.

P.S. Yes, I know, checkboxes could be easily implemented via buttons and checkbox control not needed at all, but because I plan to add scrollbar & combobox controls, I had to start from something to understand how to add new visual controls in wme, and chosen checkbox control as "launch pad".

v1.6 (06.01.2010):
  + Added property Game.IsFullScreenSwitchSupported. Returns true/false. Check that game is running in supported resolution mode. If its not, SetWindowedMode() will not function. So you need to check it before show in options "Windowed"(for example) checkbox.
  * Changed behavior of how SetWindowedMode(bool value) works. Now it returns int as a result of its call. 0 - nothing to change (current state(windowed or fullscreen) of window is a value you want to set), 1 - mode has been changed successfully, 2 - Game is running in unsupported resolution mode (also, you will get script runtime error).
  * Deleted some (mine) debug messages.
  - Fixed possible crash in registry functions (regwritenumber, regreadnumber, regwritestring, regreadstring).

Thanks to Mnemonic for suggestions.

v1.5 (03.01.2010):
  + libtheora has been updated from 1.0 to 1.1.1
  + Adds and fixes from latest WME v1.9.1 release.
  * wme.rc has been updated.

v1.4 (18.12.2009):
  + Method this.GetLayer() (namespace Entity) - returns reference to entity's layer (#4 in http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=4013.0).
     Example: http://kinjal.apeironstudios.com/testlayer.rar (click on squares)
  + Now the buttons & static-labels have an AlphaColor (transparency) property.
     Example: btn.AlphaColor = RGB(255, 255, 255, 50);
  + Two new methods to namespace Entity: bool SetBeforeEntity([int index]) / SetAfterEntity([int index]) - changes position of entity in the layer. Applies only in case if the entity in the same layer.
     Useful for animation, for example, of opening door. Don't need to recreate entity anymore.
  + int GetIndex (namespace - Entity) - returns index(position) of current entity in the layer. (since entity could exist without layer, in this case function will return -1).
  - Fixed lack of cursor when its over window border, when application in windowed mode.

v1.3 (15.12.2009):
  + Gamma-correction feature.
     Game.SetGamma(int) - set gamma to integer value. values - from 0(darky-darky) to 254(brightly-brightly).
     int Game.GetGamma();
     Game.SetGammaDefault(int) - there you should set default gamma value for your game. (if its not defined, default value will be used, which is arbitrary, but close to my monitor - 140). This function, in difference to othera gamma-related functions, must be set. Once. In game.script for example.
     Game.RestoreGamma(). - set up gamma to value you specified by calling SetGammaDefault.
     Example:

const GAMMA_STEP = 5;
     Game.SetGammaDefault(249); // let eyes cry...
     // Imagine that user play with gamma-control slider in your options menu...
     var current_gamma = Game.GetGamma();
     Game.SetGamma(current_gamma + GAMMA_STEP);
     // User is done with slider, and he wants to set gamma as it was before he changed it. So assuming he clicking on button like... "Default gamma".
     Game.RestoreGamma(); // 249.

+ libpng updated from 1.2.22 to 1.2.41
  * Method Game.ShowText() renamed back to Game.ShowVersion(text, x = 863, y = 740, width = 160, text_alignment = 0). In replacement this change, method Game.Msg(text) has been expanded to Game.Msg(text, duration = 3000, x = 0, y = 20, text_alignment = 0).
  * Last argument in Game.ShowVersion() - text_aligment - now takes not 10/20/30 as before, but 0/1/2 (default value - 0, i.e TAL_LEFT). So now you can use TAL_* constants for text aligment in consts.inc file.
  * Changes made to settings dialog in WME Kinjal Edition has been reverted to original WME 1.9.0beta state.

v1.2 (12.12.2009):
  + New theora methods in entity namespace: (http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=3725.0)      
      int GetTheoraPositionInFrames();  -- returns the frame, the video player is currently on
      float GetTheoraPositionInSeconds();
      float SetTheoraPositionInSeconds(int seconds); -- sets the video playback to the specified seconds.

note: if any function fails, it returns -1.
  + Slightly decreased lag in GetSoundPosition, GetMusicPosition, GetMusicChannelPosition functions (tested on "ogg" files only). However, bugginess of these methods can't be fixed easily. (http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=3283.0)
  + Game.MusicFadeOut(fade_out_millisec, channel = 0) script functions added. (Mnemonic's todo).
     Example:
       Game.PlayMusicChannel(0, ...)
       Game.MusicFadeOut(3000, 0);
  + Slightly optimized cursor responsivity, again (did you noticed reduced cursor lags? give me feedback about it).
  * Enhanced Game.ShowVersion(text). Its renamed to Game.ShowText now. Now its takes following arguments: Game.ShowText(text, x = 863, y = 740, width = 160, text_alignment = 10).
     note: alignment - takes 10 or 20 or 30. 10 - left, 20 - center, 30 - right.
     note2: but it still support hh/mm/yyyy hh:mins in "text".
  - Fixed engine crash with Game.TotalNumItems/NumItems. (http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=3026.0)
  - Other small updates(MusicCrossfade optimization, SetWindowedMode glitch fixes, fixed overflow bug in ShowText when this method has been called multiple times, no minimize/maximize/close buttons after switch to windowed mode via SetWindowedMode(true), etc...).

v1.1 (11.12.2009):
  + New script function for turn on/off vsync in fullscreen (without engine restart): Game.SetVSyncMode(bool true/false).
     Note: SetVSyncMode() function do not override user's driver settings.
  + A slighty optimized cursor responsivity in full screen mode with vsync enabled. (subjectively. test it yourself and give me feedback)

v1.0 (09.12.2009):
  1. Disabled settings dialog (by default, but still can be enabled via specified option in registry)
  2. Switching to windowed mode and back to fullscreen without engine restart by using method Game.SetWindowedMode(bool true/false). Mnemonic, why you still didn't done this feature? It was pretty much easy to implement it.
  3. Game registry functions has been rewritten a little. Disabled "PrivateSettings"-only restriction. Added third argument to functions - "Where".
      Example: Game.RegReadString("Subtitles", 1, "Video"). If "Where"(in this example its a "Video") not defined, "PriviteSettings" will be used as default where settings should be stored/readed from.
  4. Log file will now be erased all time on new exe launch.
  5. "Used memory" on game screen message in debug mode.
  6. libvorbis has been updated to 1.2.3 from 1.2.0.
  7. New method Game.ShowVersion(text) - will show in right corner version information about your game. Example: Game.ShowVersion("v0.1 dd/mm/yyyy hh:mins");.
      dd/mm/yyyy hh:mins - will be replaced to "Last modified Date" of data.dcp file, which placed in your game folder.
  8. Now you can store settings not only in registry, but in ini too. You just need to call Game.SetSettingsFile(text path) and specified ini file will be created in your game directory.
      Example: Game.SetSettingsFile(".\\mygameyohoho.ini");
      Methods: Game.IniReadValue(Key, InitValue, Where), Game.IniWriteValue(Key, Value, Where) - like Reg**** methods. Example: Game.IniWriteValue("ShowFPS", 1, "DebuGoGo");
  9. Something else... i don't remember

http://kinjal.apeironstudios.com/WME-KE_V17a_bin_12jan2010.rar
http://kinjal.apeironstudios.com/WME-KE_V17b_src_22jan2010.rar

Thanks to AG|Spellbreaker of ApeironStudios for provide filehosting to me.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 01:54:20 PM by Kinjal »

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re: WME 1.9.0.1 (Kinjal Edition)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 11:36:35 AM »

Since wme sources are under LGPL you also obligated to provide a direct link to the modified sources. Solved
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:20:12 PM by odnorf »
fl*p

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 10:39:54 PM »

Sources posted by the author here.
fl*p

SoundGuy

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 02:30:59 PM »

any plans on merging these changes into the main 1.9 WME branch?

Spellbreaker

• Supporter
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Apeiron Studios
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 04:35:44 PM »

I read something about disabling/enabling VSync, I really *hope* that funciton doesn't overide the Driversettings of the User.....And if so, I hope it doesn't make it into the official WME Branch ;)

greets,

Spellbreaker

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 04:48:51 PM »

No, its not override any driver settings.
Its made via setting directx caps.

any plans on merging these changes into the main 1.9 WME branch?
This question adrresed to me or to Mnemonic?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 04:53:09 PM by Kinjal »

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Re: WME 1.9.0.1 (Kinjal Edition, v1.2)
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 01:06:36 PM »

v1.2.
curious about users feedback.

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Re: WME 1.9.0.1 (Kinjal Edition, v1.2)
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 09:46:46 AM »

Version 1.3.
There will be no new versions anymore.

SoundGuy

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Re: WME 1.9.0.1 (Kinjal Edition, v1.3)
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 08:07:39 AM »

This question adrresed to me or to Mnemonic?
To Mnemonic.

So, Mnemonic - any plans on merging any of these changes into the main 1.9 WME branch?
most of them seem useful.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 08:40:39 AM »

So, Mnemonic - any plans on merging any of these changes into the main 1.9 WME branch?
most of them seem useful.
It's up to Kinjal now. Because practically, WME sources are dual-licensed (LGPL versus the proprietary license of WME DevKit), I will only include changes if the authors agree with such dual licensing of their contributions.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

SoundGuy

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 08:58:43 AM »

Kinjal: will you agree to the licensing so those of us that use the main branch can use your very useful sounding changes?

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 05:39:15 PM »

It's up to Kinjal now.
Sent you link in irc to agreement with sign.

will you agree to the licensing so those of us that use the main branch can use your very useful sounding changes?
Of course you can guys.

Xenogia

• Lurker
  • FMV Adventure Developer
    • View Profile
Re: WME 1.9.0.1 (Kinjal Edition, v1.4)
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 11:30:41 PM »

Kinjal whenever I click on your links they time out.  Is it still possible to download this version from anywhere?

Zit

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: WME 1.9.0.1 (Kinjal Edition, v1.4)
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 09:08:00 AM »

These changes were tested only a developer?

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Re: WME 1.9.0.1 (Kinjal Edition, v1.5)
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 07:47:28 PM »

Download links has been updated.

These changes were tested only a developer?
Not sure about others (because no feedback from users), but I & vpin(wme developer, in russian section of forum) uses it, and no any problems we meet in changes/fixes added in Kinjal Edition.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:56:29 PM by Kinjal »

Spellbreaker

• Supporter
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Apeiron Studios
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 08:19:42 PM »

Hey...the Downloads do not work. If you allow, please send me the Files and I would put it up onto my own webserver which is 24/7 avail ;)

Greets,

Spellbreaker.

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 08:39:28 PM »

Links has been updated again. Now files are located on hosting provided by Spellbreaker.

Xenogia

• Lurker
  • FMV Adventure Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 12:21:47 AM »

Thanks Kinjal for updating your links and best of all thanks for your contribution to WME.

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Re: WME 1.9.0.1 (Kinjal Edition, v1.6)
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 12:08:14 AM »

v1.6 is released.

Hm, may be to do some kind of modified version of WME's original docs(based on v1.9.1) with remarks of added/changed functions in Kinjal Edition?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 12:48:16 AM by Kinjal »

Darky

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Spreadcamp
Re: WME 1.9.1 (Kinjal Edition, v1.6)
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 12:37:37 AM »

Okay, maybe I am overlooking something, but regardless...
I tried the SetWindowedMode function of your Release. What really lacks is a way to query what window mode the game was started upon in the first place, otherwise it's relatively useless because without querying that it's hard to predict which boolean to pick for the function, leading to unexpected behavior. So I'd like some way to query what display mode the game was started with, the return being either "windowed", "fullscreen" or "fullscreen2". fullscreen2 refering to Fullscreen with the "Use desktop resolution" checked. Speaking of which:

If you use fullscreen with "Use desktop resolution" enabled and then change to windowed, the resulting window will be as large as the desktop resolution. It makes sense as that’s what the desktop resolution feature does, but your function would be a lot better if the window would reset to the size of the games default resolution when calling the function under these circumstances. So if possible it would be nice if you can change that.

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 01:52:01 AM »

the return being either "windowed", "fullscreen" or "fullscreen2".
Just true/false as a result is not enough?
For example: if (Game.IsWindowed) { SetWindowedMode(false); }...

So if possible it would be nice if you can change that.
oK.

Darky

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Spreadcamp
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 04:52:29 AM »

the return being either "windowed", "fullscreen" or "fullscreen2".
Just true/false as a result is not enough?
For example: if (Game.IsWindowed) { SetWindowedMode(false); }...
Yes, something like Game.IsWindowed and Game.IsFullscreen would be great. The booleans are good, I'm just trying to correctly determine what boolean it should use when using the first time (default condition of a switch) in whatever mode the player had initially.

-----------------------------

EDIT: By the way, is it possible to save what Window Mode was selected so on next game start it chooses that setting? It should reflect in the WME Settings Box as well. Example: You start the game in windowed mode, change it to fullscreen from ingame, quit the game and next time you start it it will be in fullscreen again because it remembered what the state was. If you choose to open the Settings Box instead of starting the game, you see that Windowed is unchecked as well. Is that possible?

I believe some WME functions like the Audio Functions are saving their set value permanently, too, once they are called. For instance Game.SetGlobalMusicVolume(int), Game.SetGlobalSFXVolume(int), etc. and thats a convenient help for easily building Option Menus. It probably does it via Registry, but I havn't gotten around to that part of WME yet

Thank you for your efforts :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 05:02:11 AM by Darky »

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 08:25:24 AM »

What really lacks is a way to query what window mode the game was started upon in the first place
There already is the Game.WindowedMode property.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Darky

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Spreadcamp
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 01:01:51 PM »

Oh  :D Thanks Mnemonic, that works fine.
@Kinjal: You won't need to implement that part of my requests then.

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 09:59:06 PM »

By the way, is it possible to save what Window Mode was selected so on next game start it chooses that setting?
Uhmmm I think its possible.
Remember value of your "fullscreen?" checkbox in options menu, then just try something like this: Game.WriteRegNumber("Windowed", bool_fullscreen_checkbox_checked_or_not, "Video"). This will reflect "windowed" in settings dialog too, when game will be restarted.
Is it what you has needed?

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Re: WME 1.9.1 (Kinjal Edition, v1.7)
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 10:40:55 AM »

v1.7 is released.

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Re: WME 1.9.1 (Kinjal Edition, v1.7a)
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 02:08:07 PM »

v1.7a is released.

lacosaweb

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 10:55:46 AM »

Thanks a lot, great work!

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 12:14:41 AM »

v1.7b (02.03.2010):
  FIX: Crash if you dynamically change 3D actor's texture from script and no effect file is assigned.
  FIX: Bug when a dynamically added subframe doesn't display properly

(merge with WME 1.9.1 hotfix 2)

http://kinjal.apeironstudios.com/WME-KE_V17b_DevKit_02mar2010.7z

No sources available at this time. I'll upload them tommorow.

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Re: WME 1.9.1 (Kinjal Edition, v1.8)
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 07:25:25 AM »

v1.8 (07.03.2010):
ADD: Two new events: FocusLost, FocusReceived, and a property - bool Game.OnFocusLostPauseRenderer = bool value. (added by request of 2.0)
   FocusLost - this event happens when your application(game) lost its focus.
   FocusReceived - this event happens when your application receive focus back.
   Game.OnFocusLostPauseRenderer - if set to true, when game lost focus it will stop("freeze", like original WME do), if false - game will continue work (but music/sounds will be paused). Using of this property not needed if you ok with current state(that game freeze when focus lost) of things.

These events are useful if you need something to do before game lost its focus. For example, show 'pause' menu.

Note: Better to be declared in game.script.
ADD: New function bool Game.ScreenshotEx2(string filename, [int width = -1], [int height = -1], [int quality = 85], [bool AddDate = true], [bool SaveInDocs = true], [bool DoBMP = false], [string GameDirName = GAME_CAPTION_FROM_PROJECT_MANAGER], [bool Grey = false]).
   Differences from Game.ScreenshotEx:
   1) If DoBMP - false, function will save screenshots in JPG.
   2) Screenshot file extension in filename you DON'T have to set, it will be added automatically, in depends of DoBMP (true - ".bmp", false - ".jpg").
   3) In width and height you can set "-1", in this case for Width & Height will be taken game resolution (that you set in project manager).
   4) If AddDate - true, to filename will be added current date & time on this manner: Screenshot_dd-mm-yyyy_hh-mm-ss
   5) If SaveInDocs - false, screenshots will be created in current game directory, otherwise they will be created in user's My Pictures directory in this way: My Documents\My Pictures\\GameDirName\..., by the default value for GameDirName taken from caption field in project manager.
   6) quality - quality of picture for jpeg format. Ignored if DoBMP = true. Range of values - 0..100.
   7) If grey = true, screenshots will be monohromatic. Ignored if DoBMP - true.

Example: Game.ScreenshotEx2("Screenshot", -1, -1, 85, true, true, true, "TestProject"); // a .bmp screenshot will be saved in "My Documents\My Pictures\TestProject\..."
           or: Game.ScreenshotEx2("Screenshot"); // if you ok with other parameters.
           or: Game.ScreenshotEx2("Screenshot", -1, -1, 85, true, false); // if you won't save screenshots in "My Documents\My Pictures", but in game exe's directory.

ADD: New property bool Scene.ShowGeometryStats = bool value - show additional statistics of your hidden geometry in current scene. Explanation of abbreviations:
   fn - currently loaded geometry file.
   l - lights count
   c - cameras count
   m - meshes count
   v - vertex count
   t - triangles(polygons) count

This is how it looks:

Code: Text
  1.        if (Keyboard.KeyCode == VK_F1) Scene.ShowGeometry = !Scene.ShowGeometry;
  2.        else if (Keyboard.KeyCode == VK_F2) Scene.ShowGeometryStats = !Scene.ShowGeometryStats;
  3.        else if (Keyboard.KeyCode == VK_F3) Scene.ShowGeometryEx = !Scene.ShowGeometryEx;
ADD: New events ScreenshotDone and ScreenshotFail happens when Game.ScreenshotEx or Game.ScreenshotEx2 call is success. I don't think these events is needed because Game.ScreenshotEx/ScreenshotEx2 returns result of their call, but may be someone find them handy.
ADD: Properties void Scene.GeomWalkplaneColor = string color_hex_without_0x and void Scene.GeomGenericColor = string color_hex_without_0x. Waiting for color in hex, without 0x.
     Example: Scene.GeomWalkplaneColor = "FF1EEC07"; // green.
ADD: New property bool Scene.ShowGeometryEx = bool value - a bit more informative version of Scene.ShowGeometry, with following differences:
     1) You can set colors which will represent every object in your hidden geometry.
     2) On left side you can see list of objects in your hidden geometry file.

This is how it looks:

Note #1: Of course you cannot use ShowGeometry and ShowGeometryEx in the same time. In this case ShowGeometryEx have higher priority. But you can freely switch between each other.
   Note #2: This function has one limitation - supports not more than 20 colors. This is means that your geometry file should contain not more than 20 block-objects, otherwise use Scene.ShowGeometry.
   Note #3: If you set wrong color, white will be used as default.
   Note #4: If geometry file have objects more than you have set colors, black color will be used as default for these objects.
   Note #5: All colors are hex-values without 0x. For convenience you can use mine Color Picker*.
   You can find it in Tools directory.
   Note #6: You have to use void Scene.SetShowGeomExColors(array) to set colors.
   Note #7: You must declare colors and apply them in "SceneGeometryLoad" event(otherwise user-custom colors will not work) (raised automatically in process of geometry file parsing). Example:

Code: Text
  1. on "ScreenshotDone"
  2. {
  3.         Game.Msg("Done", 3000, 500, 400, TAL_LEFT);
  4. }
  6. on "ScreenshotFail"
  7. {
  8.         Game.Msg("Fail", 3000, 400, 500, TAL_LEFT);
  9. }
  11. on "SceneGeometryLoad"
  12. {
  13.         var scngeomblkdobjsclrs; // Scene Geometry Blocked Objects Colors :-D
  15.         scngeomblkdobjsclrs[0] = "FFFD072D";  // 0, red
  16.         scngeomblkdobjsclrs[1] = "FFF107FD"; // 1, pink
  17.         scngeomblkdobjsclrs[2] = "FF3F07FD"; // 2, blue
  18.         scngeomblkdobjsclrs[3] = "FF07F7FD"; // 3, cyan
  19.         scngeomblkdobjsclrs[4] = "FF12CA03"; // 4, green
  20.         scngeomblkdobjsclrs[5] = "FFFEF306"; // 5, yellow
  21.         scngeomblkdobjsclrs[6] = "FFD6AC02"; // 6, orange
  24.         Scene.GeomWalkplaneColor = "FF16D300";  // green
  25.         Scene.GeomGenericColor   = "FFE69C00";  // orange
  27.         Scene.SetShowGeomExColors(scngeomblkdobjsclrs);
  28. }   
ADD: New command line parameter -windowedmode. "game.exe -windowedmode" = game will run in windowed mode.
ADD: New function Game.ShowScriptErrors(bool value). If value = true - instead of "Script runtime error" you will see error explanation (its also logged). Better to declare it somewhere in begin of game.script.
CHG: Property Scene.ShowGeometry now save its state between scenes.

* - A little help for Color Picker:
    а) use BGRA-mode (set up by default). RGBA - for html and so on.
    б) if "auto copy" is enabled - generated hex value will be automatically copied to clipboard.

Links:
http://kinjal.apeironstudios.com/WME-KE_V18_DevKit_07mar2010.7z - binaries (install: copy files to engine folder with replace)
http://kinjal.apeironstudios.com/WME-KE_V18_Src_07mar2010.7z - sources.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:10:55 PM by Kinjal »

wisemanxxx

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 08:57:26 AM »

I downloaded Kinjal edition and copy to WME directory over older files.
But when I use Game.RestoreGamma() etc. wme doesn't recognize commands and gives script error.( Call to undefined method 'RestoreGamma'. Ignored.
)

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 02:24:06 AM »

I had checked it right now, everything works fine. What version do you use?
If Game.SetGamma()/GetGamma() works fine, Game.RestoreGamma should works too.

Andrej (Blue Arc)

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 07:47:30 PM »

I add any new window in WME Kinjal Edition. The first I remove tiled image but nothing will changed! It is bug in Window Edit? Does anybody have the same problem?  :)

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2012, 09:50:01 AM »

I have received a few suggestions in my mailbox past week about my WME edition, so decided to make new version with a few changes, because looks like a few people still use my edition :]
v1.9, 16 June, 2012:
 ADD: function Scene.ChangeScene has been updated: added two new arguments - [bool useModernTransit = false] and [int FadeDur = 200]
       useModernTransit - if set to true, modern scene transition feature will be used, which force fade out previous scene by making it disappear slowly.
       FadeDur - allow you to tweak fade duration. Applicable for modern and old fade out. Higher values - slow disappearing, low values - fast disappearing.
       Example: Game.ChangeScene("scenes\level.scene", false, false, true, 400);
       Modern transition and old transition are stackable.
 ADD: functions Game.IsFullScreenSwitchSupported and SetWindowedMode updated: now if game resolution is larger than user's desktop resolution, the game will be running in full screen mode without ability to switch into Windowed mode.
 ADD: Added new config/registry option: UseGameNativeResolution to [Video] section. If set to 1, video resolution will be set to game resolution. Solve the issue when running game with 1024x768 resolution on monitor with 1920x1080 resolution.       
 ADD: Project files and some source codes ported to VS2010 (VS2008 project files not supported anymore, so I don't think WME KE 1.9 will compile with VS2008)
 ADD: Output debug window in Visual Studio will receive game log messages. Useful when running game from Visual Studio.
 ADD: Now, debug logging is can be enabled when "wme.log" is found in game directory, in addition to DebugMode variable in wme.ini/registry.
 CHG: Deleted "- Wintermute Engine" from game window title. Yeah I know, Mnemonic will be unhappy, but some publishers (like Bigfish) require this.
 CHG: Changed default save files directory to APPDATA (for ex. <User>\AppData\Roaming\CompanyName\GameTitle\). Same done for Game.ScreenshotEx2 function.
 CHG: Discontinued DirectX-8 version.

Note #1: You should use only Debug_D3D9 or Release_D3D9 to build.
 Note #2: wme.sln its a project file that you need.
 Note #3: To debug WME exe project from Visual Studio, open "wme" project properties, switch to Debugging tab, and set there following values:
          Command -> ..\..\..\Binary\wme_D3D9.exe
          Command Arguments -> -project "D:\path_to_project\project.wpr"
          Working Directory -> D:\path_to_project\

Download link: http://kinjal.apeironstudios.com/wme-ke_v1.9_bin_src_16june2012.7z --- contains both Binary and Source.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:05:16 AM by Kinjal »

Kinjal

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 09:08:35 PM »

WME Community Edition v2.0 (based on WME 1.9.1), 26 June, 2012:
 [ + ] Added limited support for hardware cursors.
       Related functions:
         bool Game.EnableHardwareCursors(bool flag) - enable or disable hardware cursor.
         bool Game.SetHardwareCursor(string external_path_to_cursor_image, int cursor_type) - allows you to specify a cursor image for specified cursor action type.
              external_path_to_cursor_image - path to hardware cursor, which location is HAVE TO BE start from directory where game exe is located. DCP-archives are not supported.
         bool Game.IsHardwareCursorsEnabled - return true, if HW cursors are enabled.
       Example of use (you can place this code in beginning of game.script, for example):
         global HWC_NORMAL = 0;
         global HWC_ACTIVE = 1;
         global HWC_NONINTERACT = 2;
         global HWC_HOVER = 3;
         global HWC_NORMAL2 = 4;
         Game.EnableHardwareCursors(true);
         Game.SetHardwareCursor("cursors\cursor.cur", HWC_NORMAL); // Will search cursor.cur in "PATH_TO_GAME_EXE\cursors\cursor.cur".
         Game.SetHardwareCursor("cursors\cursor_active.cur", HWC_ACTIVE);
         Game.SetHardwareCursor("cursors\cursor_noninteractive.cur", HWC_NONINTERACT);
         Game.SetHardwareCursor("cursors\cursor_hover.cur", HWC_HOVER);
         Game.SetHardwareCursor("cursors\cursor_normal.cur", HWC_NORMAL2);

Notes:
         1. Hardware cursors will work only in fullscreen mode. If you switch to windowed mode - software cursor will be shown automatically, and back to hardware cursors when you switch to fullscreen mode again. So, if you want to use hardware cursors, you still have to keep your software cursors.
         2. Hardware cursors are not supported for entities (with custom cursors). When you mouse over on such object, related entity's software cursor will be shown.
         3. You can use only .cur or .ani files for hardware cursors. Other extensions/types are not supported.   
         4. If you do everything right, but HW cursors still won't show, please look into WME.log for errors.
 [ + ] Added new stats: graphics (dc = draw calls, pc = polycount, tex = total texture size in video memory), sounds (total, playing, paused).
 [ + ] Added "VSyncEnabled" setting to "Video" section in WME.ini
 [ + ] Added bool Scene.ShowGeometry2D property.
       Example:
         if (Keyboard.KeyCode == VK_F2)
           Scene.ShowGeometry2D = !Scene.ShowGeometry2D;
       Green color - region rectangle.
       Red color - sprite rectangle.
       Screenshot:

[ + ] Added quick save to Game.SaveGame. Now it looks like this: Game.SaveGame(int Slot, string Desc, bool useQuickSave). You have to update your game scripts prior to use Game.SaveGame and add third parameter (true or false), otherwise game will crash on attempt to save a game.
 [ - ] Fixed potential crash with modern scene transition.
 [ - ] Fixed a few first-chance exceptions happens in WME debug version only.

Download link: http://kinjal.apeironstudios.com/wme-ke_v2.0_bin_src_26june2012.7z

donamin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2013, 07:38:44 AM »

hi.
i downloaded files but i can't use "VSyncEnabled" property.
i created a new file named "wme.ini" in the compiled folder and wrote this:
[Video]
VSyncEnabled=FALSE
am i doing something wrong?
thanx :)

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2013, 11:03:52 AM »

I am not absolutely sure, but try to use

VSyncEnabled=0

donamin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2013, 11:25:29 AM »

i tried that too but that didn't help.
i'm trying to write that myself using a plugin.
does anyone know how to disable/enable vsync using plugin code?
thanx

donamin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 08:03:53 AM »

hi, when i try to recompile wme solution using vs 2010, i get this error:

Error 164 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'D3dx9tex.h': No such file or directory D:\hk\wme-ke_v2.0_bin_src_26june2012\Source\src\engine_core\wme_base\Include\dcgf.h 98 1 wme_base

how can i solve this?

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2013, 12:36:58 PM »

Is DX9 SDK installed?

hi, when i try to recompile wme solution using vs 2010, i get this error:

Error 164 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'D3dx9tex.h': No such file or directory D:\hk\wme-ke_v2.0_bin_src_26june2012\Source\src\engine_core\wme_base\Include\dcgf.h 98 1 wme_base

how can i solve this?

donamin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2013, 02:52:09 PM »

No i totally forgot that :D
thanx :)

diegoquarantine

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Buenos Aires Quarantine Studio
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2014, 11:26:13 PM »

Hi!
I recently updated WME to Kinjal last version to fix the full screen v-sync problem. And it fixed it perfectly, now the game works as it does in windowed mode.
I couldn't get rid of the DEBUG green stats on the right of the screen though.
I compile the game with the "project > compile packages" and then add the wme.ini file with this:

[Debug]
ShowFPS=0
DebugMode=0
[Video]
VSyncEnabled=0
UseGameNativeResolution=1

The V-sync works great, and the UseGameNativeResolution makes the game use less RAM. But I can't get rid of the debug stats.

How Can I fix this?.
Thanks

diegoquarantine

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Buenos Aires Quarantine Studio
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2014, 03:31:19 PM »

Does anyone know how to use the fade in and fade out atributes properly?  Using Kinjal version my game stopped fading out from scene to scene. So I started using the "cross-fade" effect in some cases, but the "fade to black" is not working. 

I'm using this to cross-fade ::  Game.ChangeScene("scenes\TheOffice\TheOffice.scene", false, false, true, 1000);

And this to make scenes fade to black :: Game.ChangeScene("scenes\TheOffice\TheOffice.scene", true, true, false, 1000);

The cross fade works fine, but the fade to black is not working, scenes switch to one another instantly. Am I doing something wrong here?.

Thanks!!

ciacioz

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2023, 02:44:09 PM »

Hi sorry if a "revive" this very old topic but, did someone could sendme the latest version of the kinjal wintermute engine? I can't find it anywhere :(

Thanks in advance.
Simone
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 02:46:20 PM by ciacioz »

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2023, 03:41:50 PM »

Collecting obscure wme related things used to be a hobby of mine for reasons unknown.  ::slug ::slug ::slug
So here it is in 7zip archive https://www.dropbox.com/s/5chxwjahoqc966s/wme-ke_v2.0_bin_src_26june2012.7z?dl=0
Latest version is 2.0 and has changed name from kinjal (1.9.1) to community edition.
fl*p

ciacioz

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2023, 06:29:24 PM »

Thank you so much!  ::rock
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 53 queries.