Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Stupid question : set different behaviors between "Open" and "Edit" a file  (Read 2573 times)

matthieuj

• Lurker
    • View Profile

Hi everybody,
Sorry for disturbing you with such a stupid question (again), but in ProjectMan, when I right click a file, the two first choice are "Open" and "Edit".
I would like, for instance, if I click a scene file, "Open" would open the SceneEdit and "Edit" open the file with SciTE. For now I can change what they do but I can't set two different actions...
As always, I must miss something.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site

These "verbs" are inherited from Windows. In Windows you can associate file extensions to various programs, and also define several actions for one extension (such as "open", "print", "edit" etc.). ProjectMan just uses the Windows associations. Sadly, in Vista and Win7 Microsoft simplified the association GUI to that extent, that it's no longer possible to define other verbs that "open" (or at least I'm not aware of any way of defining them). I'm sure there are external programs for this purpose, but clearly Microsoft considers the whole verb concept obsolete now.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

matthieuj

• Lurker
    • View Profile

Thanks a lot! I'm really not used to windows, but I got an xp so it should work! and I will try to find how I can do that under wine.
Matthieu
PS : sorry for my late reply.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 24 queries.