Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: run time error  (Read 2451 times)

vic

• Lurker
    • View Profile
run time error
« on: December 28, 2011, 02:17:25 PM »

Hi all, what is a run time error and how do you correct one? I am in the middle of playing a game running on WME and cannot progress due to a run time error.

The game is miskatonic and I have already contacted Jackslawed about this but wondered if anyone on this site could help while I wait.

Maybe it is easily fixed? Or have you a save game for at the point just after got the keys off the wardrobe using the inner tube if you have played it?

The game has been running fine till now.
My OS is Windows 7
I did not turn off my anti virus when installing the game - is not doing that known cause run time errors? (someone on another forum asked me if I switched it off when doing the install)

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re: run time error
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 02:32:14 PM »

I guess you get this message in small letters on the upper left side of the screen. That's a script runtime error and as the name suggests it's a script error (bug) in the game. As this is not engine related you should contact the game developer and let him know exactly what this message says so he can fix it. You should have a .log file in the game's dir in which you can read the error (open it with a simple text editor). Antivirus is not related to that.
fl*p

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 02:49:59 PM »

A correction. You will not have the .log file in the release version by default. Download this file and copy it in the game's directory. Then when you run the game and see this error check the same folder for the .log file I mentioned before.
fl*p

vic

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 03:08:15 PM »

thanks odnorf I will do that

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.