Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: JC Superstar (SCREENSHOTS ADDED)  (Read 6307 times)

pensador

• Lurker
    • View Profile
JC Superstar (SCREENSHOTS ADDED)
« on: September 25, 2009, 05:32:20 PM »

Hi guys!

Me and two more friends/coworkers made a game using wintermute in our game design discipline.

It is only a prototype/demo.

Honestly, we don't know what we will do with it. In Portugal, the game design industry barely exists, so for now we are only showing it, taking opinions, and trying to learn with it.

At the game's website, you can learn about it, download (totally for free, of course) and play the game.

So, if you have some spare time, please, be our guest!

http://jcsuperstar.pt.vu/

Thanks a lot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, some screenshots so you can have an idea about how our game looks like. Sure, we're not designers. Compared to other games, ours is kind of amateur, but hey... it was made in a couple of months by three guys. It is far from being professional.

Opinions are (very) welcome. Even those which say we suck!  ::)

After all, Paris Hilton also "sucks", and she is rich as hell!  >:D

Just kiddin'  0:)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 05:13:04 PM by pensador »

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re: JC Superstar (SCREENSHOTS ADDED)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 07:11:09 PM »

I have only played it for a few minutes so I'm gonna give very short feedback. "It's weird." And I always use this word in a positive way O0
fl*p

pensador

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 11:10:36 AM »

I have only played it for a few minutes so I'm gonna give very short feedback. "It's weird." And I always use this word in a positive way O0

When we decided to create this game, we wanted a game that was fun to play, but mostly fun to do (egoistic a**holes). And so it was. Most of the concept and the jokes were born while we were in the coffee shop, and not in any kind of "working place".

The game shows a little of our personality. So, it is normal that it is indeed kind of weird, for so are we. Unfortunately, not always in a positive way!  ;D

Anyway, all this jiba jaba to say, thanks for playing!  ::thumbup

Jyujinkai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Jyujinkai's WME Development Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 11:15:53 PM »

I really like the art in this one... cool stuff...
<Antoine de Saint-Exupéry> In any thing at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away...
<Carl Sagan> If you want to make a apple pie from scratch. You must first... invent the universe

pensador

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 01:31:25 AM »

I really like the art in this one... cool stuff...

It's kind of unexpected reading that, for we didn't have nearly the time we wanted to create the visual part of the game. All the characters were originally drawn by somebody outside the "development team" (I asked my girlfriend to draw them, and apparently I'm a good boyfriend, because she helped us). She didn't have much time, because of her work, so she basically drew the NPC's in one afternoon, and the main characters in another, during a weekend and without any previous tries. My coworkers passed them to flash and voilá!

The scenarios were directly drawn in flash, without previous studies, by one of the members in the development team.

Unfortunately I was born with some sort of deficiency which made me have no sense of space, or colour, or shape, or proportion, so none of the art was my responsibility. I wrote the dialogues and the story, so anytime you smiled, you can thank me. Anytime you taught "that was stupid", it was also all me!

Anyway, we wanted to give the game that "cartoony" look, but we needed more time to draw (again, not me), and populate the scenarios with more "stuff". We were kind of afraid of some comments like "kind of simple look", specially while comparing to other games introduced in this forum, so your comment was damn cool to read!

Thanks a lot!

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.