Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Broken Sword 3  (Read 8624 times)

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
Broken Sword 3
« on: November 14, 2003, 08:45:07 PM »

IT'S HERE, IT'S IN MY HANDS !!!  ;D ;D ;D

No review yet, I'm currently installing.

Oh, and Mnemonic - I found and (bought!) something else in my local computer store: Gabriel Knight 3 !

For 3 Euro.  8)
Mooh!

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re:Broken Sword 3
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 09:48:17 PM »

IT'S HERE, IT'S IN MY HANDS !!!  ;D ;D ;D

No review yet, I'm currently installing.

Lucky you. It will take at least a month until the localized version is released here >:( Hopefully the english version will be available sooner.

EDIT: Not a month, TWO months!

Oh, and Mnemonic - I found and (bought!) something else in my local computer store: Gabriel Knight 3 !

For 3 Euro.  8)

Now that's a good price :) I wonder which game you'll like better ;)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 10:39:20 PM by Mnemonic »
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 06:40:42 PM »

Lucky you. It will take at least a month until the localized version is released here >:( Hopefully the english version will be available sooner.

Yeah, in the credits they showed only 4 translations (German, Spanish, French, Italian). Oh, and they credited to deadworm222, really! :)

For 3 Euro.  8)
Now that's a good price :) I wonder which game you'll like better ;)

Chances are good, GK3 will surprise me now.

I am THAT disappointed by Broken Sword 3.

I just finished it in about 11-12 hours and... well, what a hard work must they have done for this very nice "movie", really nice graphics and characters and scenes and camera movement! Even great music, so I couldn't stop playing. And I don't know why, maybe I was that impressed of the 3D environment and the camera movement. But what else ? Maybe the great (German) voice of Nico ? (Which is also the translator voice of "Scully" from the "X-Files" in German...)

The few puzzles are almost ridiculous easy, if there are some. And the story... welllll... dunno, it's not too bad I guess. I even discovered a bug (there is a sentence in your logbook, before you gathered that information... which was quite irritating).

And that F****** keyboard/gamepad control really sucks. I could have lived with keyboard control, but it's programmed in a really stupid way.

Anyway it was fun playing it, maybe the game quality of the BF 1+2 was just too good to reach it again.

I need to get a beer! Thirsty (and sick) of about one million "move-the-boxes"-puzzles. Hooray.  :(

Someone wants to buy a 2 days old German version of BF3 ?  :P
Mooh!

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 10:31:30 AM »

Oh, and they credited to deadworm222, really! :)

Really? Hehe, cool! ;D

The few puzzles are almost ridiculous easy, if there are some. And the story... welllll... dunno, it's not too bad I guess. I even discovered a bug (there is a sentence in your logbook, before you gathered that information... which was quite irritating).

Ow, well, from what I've heard there some extra irritating bits for us around here, because part of the game takes place in Czech Republic, where George runs by an old Trabant and the guards are talking with a russian accent :o  ;D

I need to get a beer! Thirsty (and sick) of about one million "move-the-boxes"-puzzles. Hooray.  :(

Sokoban 3D? ;)

Someone wants to buy a 2 days old German version of BF3 ?  :P

I'd buy it but I'm afraid I wouldn't enjoy it in german :) I'll have to wait for the english version. (yes, I'm buying it anyway :P)
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 10:31:49 AM »

The good thing is that there is no way you can finish GK3 in 12 hours  ;D
fl*p

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2003, 02:37:52 PM »

Ow, well, from what I've heard there some extra irritating bits for us around here, because part of the game takes place in Czech Republic, where George runs by an old Trabant and the guards are talking with a russian accent :o  ;D

Well, I couldn't differentiate between Czech and Russian accent anyway I guess, but I understand what you mean... ! I laughed about the Trabant, too... I drove one after the German wall came down. ;)

Sokoban 3D? ;)

Yeah, indeed a good comparison...

I'd buy it but I'm afraid I wouldn't enjoy it in german :) I'll have to wait for the english version. (yes, I'm buying it anyway :P)

Sure, you should buy it, it's not that bad after all, just a little disappointing for me.

The good thing is that there is no way you can finish GK3 in 12 hours  ;D

Cool. I installed it yesterday and had a first look into. Well, the good thing is that they used the 3D environment for free movements, very good. But I still have to get used to that "old" 3D textures look... in that point BF3 is quite advanced. ;)
Mooh!

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2003, 09:21:37 PM »

Cool. I installed it yesterday and had a first look into. Well, the good thing is that they used the 3D environment for free movements, very good. But I still have to get used to that "old" 3D textures look... in that point BF3 is quite advanced. ;)

I dunno, for me the character art and the interiors in GK3 still look state-of-the-art. The outside locations are awful, but that's a problem of many other games.

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2003, 09:33:18 PM »

I have to agree that the textures are awfull with today's standards but overall the game is great!

(And you don't want me to say my opinion about the user interface with the free camera movement once again.... do you?)
fl*p

deadworm222

• Regular poster
  • Wintermute Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2004, 03:42:09 PM »

Oh, and they credited to deadworm222, really! :)

Am I famous or what? Yes. I am.

I still haven't bought the game, though... ! It wouldn't run on my current machine anyway (the demo showed a gray screen and freezed.)

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.