Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Latest stable: WME 1.6.1  (Read 14909 times)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Latest stable: WME 1.6.1
« on: May 13, 2006, 12:10:05 PM »

Hello wintermuties,

after a series of beta versions, here's the final release of WME 1.6. See below for the complete list of new features and bugfixes.
There's no update package available this time, you'll have to install the whole thing (the updates were getting pretty large lately, so all the future updates will be based on 1.6). Sorry for the inconvenience.

And as always, enjoy ::beer

WME 1.6.1 installer download (11MB)

Update from 1.6 to 1.6.1 (4 MB)

(Note: Saved games are incompatible with previous releases)

WME 1.6.1 (May 20, 2006)

• Response box definition can now specify vertical alignment of responses.
  •  
  • BUGFIX: The tools no longer crash after changing hardware settings.
  •  
  • BUGFIX: Theora video playback no longer crashes when "no sound" option is  enabled.
  •  
  • BUGFIX: The tools no longer issue the absolute-path warning when opening  file for editing.
  •  
  • BUGFIX: Some .X models were rendered with mismatched textures.

WME 1.6 (May 13, 2006)

• 3D actors are now using the Microsoft X model format. The 3D actor  definition files have changed, so did the scripting support. The old format is  still supported for backward compatibility, but it's now deprecated. See the  "3D characters support" chapter in the documentation for more details and for  migration hints. Some of the notable improvements to the new 3D character  format:
    • Smooth transitions between animations.
    • The ability to    change actor's texture at runtime, you can also use WME animated sprites for    textures.
    • The attachments are now independent scriptable objects.
    •    New standard animations, TurnLeft and TurnRight.
    • 3D    scenes can now be setup to use 2D-based pathfinding, i.e. you can use    the same way of designing blocked areas and waypoints as you would use for    2D actors; see the "Additional 3D options" chapter in the documentation for    details.
    • New DrawBackfaces attribute for 3D actors which    specifies whether the 3D model should display polygons facing away from the    camera.
  •  
  • New particle generator system. See the "Particle effects" chapter  in the documentation for more details. There is a new "wme_particles" demo  project with several predefined particle effects available.
  •  
  • Accessibility support. WME now provides options for improving  accessibility for visually-impaired players. These include sending written  text to text-to-speech synthesizer, manually highlighting active areas on  screen using keyboard shortcuts and pausing the game at any time. There are  also some new scripting methods and attributes to support accessibility. See  the Accessibility chapter in the documentation for a detailed  discussion.
  •  
  • Multi-monitor support improvements. WME window now opens on the  correct monitor in both windowed and full-screen mode. The mouse pointer is  locked on the correct monitor in full-screen mode. WME tools now use the right  video device depending on which monitor they are displayed.
  •  
  • WME is now more bullet-proof to common developer mistakes. Some of  the engine/tools crashes caused by developer mistakes have been handled  (syntax errors in definition files etc.). Missing images and sprites are now  replaced by a generic "invalid image" picture making them immediately obvious  to the developer. WME now issues a log-file warning if the game references  some file using an absolute path, which will cause problems after compiling  the game and running it on a different computer.
  •  
  • The startup settings window has been redesigned to accommodate new  options. Note: The standard string table now contains new localizable  strings. Please update the string table of your game.
  •  
  • New BlendMode attribute for actors, entities and particle emitters,  which allows you to set the drawing more (normal, additive blending,  subtractive blending).
  •  
  • New Game.LastResponseOrig attribute, which returns the last  selected dialogue response in it's original form, i.e. before it got localized  (useful for games with automatic voice-overs).
  •  
  • New RightDoubleClick event.
  •  
  • If you are using multiple inventories, each inventory remembers its scroll  offset, so when switching from one inventory to another the original scroll  offset is restored.
  •  
  • New Game.InventoryScrollOffset attribute for setting and querying  current scroll offset of the inventory box.
  •  
  • All inventory items are now accessible using the new Game.TotalNumItems  attribute and Game.QueryItem() method.
  •  
  • New Game.SmartItemCursor property to only highlight the mouse  pointer with selected item if the object can handle the item.
  •  
  • New Game.SetSceneViewport() and Scene.SetViewport() methods  for changing the scene viewport at runtime.
  •  
  • New Game.SoundBufferSize attribute for setting the size of sound  buffer used for streamed sounds/music.
  •  
  • New Game.SuspendedRendering attribute to temporarily disable screen  refreshes. Useful when you need to run multiple script updates in one frame.
  •  
  • Entity.PlayTheora() method for entities now takes Entity.Scale into  account, video is scaled accordingly.
  •  
  • ProjectMan no longer tries to check for WME updates if there's no active  internet connection.
  •  
  • The debugging settings file formerly named dcgf.ini has been renamed to  wme.ini.
  •  
  • WME installation folder now contains the script language reference in XML  format. Useful for third-party tools.
  •  
  • BUGFIX: Custom camera FOV is correctly restored when loading a saved game.
  •  
  • BUGFIX: Changes to save/load to prevent memory leak causing long save/load  times under certain conditions.
  •  
  • BUGFIX: The GUI buttons no longer display mouse-hover effects when game  isn't in interactive state.
  •  
  • BUGFIX: Inventory items animations didn't work correctly after saving game  and loading it after restarting Windows.
  •  
  • BUGFIX: 3D actors' direction/angle became broken after using the keyboard  rotation.
  •  
  • BUGFIX: Item.GetHoverSprite() and Item.GetSprite() methods were broken.
  •  
  • BUGFIX: Division by decimal numbers lesser than 1.0 no longer causes  "Division by zero" error.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 02:37:48 PM by Mnemonic »
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

revvin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: WME 1.6 final
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 01:27:36 PM »

HUGE thanks again Mnemonic! You deserve some recognition for your efforts - so hopefully one day somebody will release a ball-bustingly brilliant game and credit you for all the engine work. superb stuff.  ::rock

Now time for a  ::beer or three.  ;D

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 06:08:38 PM »

As usual, another great update from mne(tm).

Thanks a lot  ::rock ::beer
fl*p

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 12:39:42 AM »

Darn, I should stop working - forever! There is so much to play around with. :)
Thanks Mnemonic, great stuff, I especially missed that you realized that Theora scaling (based on the entity scaling) - I'm amazed!

Thanks and some beers to you (and the czech icehockey team...  :P)!  ::beer
Mooh!

Antimony

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 05:31:48 PM »

::beer ::beer ::beer ::beer ::beer ::beer ::beer ::beer ::beer ::beer Cheers ::rock ::rock ::rock ::rock ::rock ::rock ::rock ::rock ::rock ::rock

jonathanboakes

• Supporter
  • Lurker
  • The woods were lovely, deep and dark.
    • View Profile
    • Darkling Room
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 03:31:25 PM »

New standard animations, TurnLeft and TurnRight.

Hurrah! Hurrah! No more spinning on the spot. The new animation option will make a world of difference.

Thanks!

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
Re: WME 1.6.1
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 05:07:42 PM »

A few minor bugs made it into WME 1.6, so WME 1.6.1 maintenance release is now available. See the original post for the list of fixes and a download link.
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

varnama

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 01:15:06 AM »

sorry but, i find one bug (v.1.6.1).. Parts without texture (file bmp, png, etc..) only painted don't display anything (are transparent)  ;)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 07:16:56 AM »

sorry but, i find one bug (v.1.6.1).. Parts without texture (file bmp, png, etc..) only painted don't display anything (are transparent) ;)
Ah, darn. Just one question, were you testing this with 1.6.0 too, or did you upgrade directly from beta to 1.6.1?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 07:21:00 AM by Mnemonic »

varnama

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 10:57:20 AM »

Yes, i test first 1.6.0 (with some result).. And later upgrade..

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 12:08:03 PM »

Same results, so it's not specific to 1.6.1, right? Are there any errors in the log file? Couldn't it be caused by the fact WME now replaces missing images with a generic "invalid image" picture? Maybe your model references empty texture filenames..?

varnama

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 02:23:16 PM »

Right it's not especific to 1.6.1. Well i think best and quickly way it's with a model, some time ago i do a test character and now that not work too, here can you download for you testing  ;)
http://www.clubradikal.com/testdeformer.rar

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 04:55:34 PM »

Right it's not especific to 1.6.1. Well i think best and quickly way it's with a model, some time ago i do a test character and now that not work too, here can you download for you testing;)
http://www.clubradikal.com/testdeformer.rar
Well that's exactly what I said. The model references empty texture filenames, so WME loads the "invalid image" picture instead to warn you (in debug mode; in non-debug mode it uses a transparent texture). If you don't want the model to be textured, you should be able to remove texture references in your 3D software, shouldn't you?

varnama

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 08:25:34 PM »

I think i'll add a flat texture,  ;)
Thanks!

Jeroen

• Occasional poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 11:09:44 PM »

A great update if you ask me!

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.