Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Blender->3ds export  (Read 3144 times)

DuncanS

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Blender->3ds export
« on: January 24, 2006, 04:26:40 PM »

Hey,
The newest Blender version has a built in 3ds export/import script, but it doesn't seem to work very well.  I came across a post from 2004 that had a zip for python script that would export blender to 3ds specifically for WME...
I was going to give it a shot.  Is that still the most updated version?  Has there been any new developments along this line?  Before getting into the WME (which really, really rocks by the way), I had spent about 6 months really getting into Blender and would really love to be able to use the two tremendous pieces of software together. 

Thanks

Duncan

DuncanS

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Blender->3ds export
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 05:15:06 PM »

Ok, well I just found a more recent post, that pointed back to the original post from 2004.. so I'm going to assume it hasn't changed : )

Question answered.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 08:38:31 PM »

Hi and welcome,

yes, it's indeed the latest version of the script. It should work with any Blender version, but you may need to use the "FOV override" feature in SceneEdit to match the camera view with the pre-rendered background.
(tnx Jerrot for the info).
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 01:30:58 AM »

(tnx Jerrot for the info).

Thanks for writing the answer for me. (Wow, I'm so lazy, I let other people answer for me ;))

But seriously:
@DuncanS:

At least the version worked with the Blender version from December. If you encounter any problems with newer version, please feel free to tell me, since I'm not using it too often myself. IMHO that necessarity of correcting the FOV came from some change in the world coordinates system in Blender some versions ago, but still it should work fine.
Mooh!

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 24 queries.