Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: ALA-NOVE: experimental project.  (Read 5769 times)

goldensox

• Lurker
    • View Profile
ALA-NOVE: experimental project.
« on: October 26, 2008, 09:28:35 PM »

So like, everyone showing their projects and stuff, so i thought about showing mine too.

It's an experimental project. A survival-horror game that makes the player anxious and stressed. Not like the game is crap and people will get mad at it, it's just that the music, soundscape, artistic direction and all makes the player feels like hes in constant danger, a suspense game.

About the history, it's like this till now:
A train that never arrives.
A dream that never ends.
A World that never was.
You find yourself on a mysterious building, you just woke up there after a nap on your train. You find a note on your pocket: The train is gonna crash. Get out of here or hundreds of people will die.
Now it's up to you to solve the puzzles, find the treasures and get out of this hellish place, that is commanded by an evil, supernatural force.

Now, pictures:

I'm actually needing some expert to help me do the coding, the effects anc such. Already got an Sound Technician and I do the grafics and the historyline.

SOOO that's it for a while. Questions?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 09:37:21 PM by goldensox »

oleksus

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: ALA-NOVE: experimental project.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 06:08:59 PM »

Hi!
I liked your pics, looks like you've got a very original artistic view, it's not cliche'd, i like that a lot.

I am a musician, and I've been into adventure games for a long time (have also been making interactive text adventures of my own)
The thing I enjoy the most in an adventure game is the overall atmosphere, so that picture, sound and text come together to create an authentic, credible feel.

I know you've got your sound department sorted out, but still I'd like to offer some creative input,
Here's some of my sound atmosperes that I'm making for my text adventure games (sort of surreal gothic dream).
ambience example (2.6 mb mp3)

If you like it, I'd be glad to compose and contribute something for a specific location\suspense in your game.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 06:15:34 PM by oleksus »

Mihulik

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Re: ALA-NOVE: experimental project.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 08:05:19 AM »

Hi,
your pictures have interested me. They are looking very originally.
I have two questions.
Are you going to make your game 2D or 2.5D?
Have you got completed design document or just these pictures?

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.