Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Android, how to set up project?  (Read 29998 times)

HCDaniel

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Re: Android, how to set up project?
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2015, 01:45:21 PM »

Yes I did that. No change :( Any Way I can get you to compile the final apk for me?

Can you check whether you have any local modifications to files - modifications which "do not look correct"? ("hg diff" would tell, resp. the appropriate TortoiseHG command)

Certainly I could build a debug .apk for you - just send me your .dcp file(s) and tell me the app's canonical name (like "com.mydomain.mygame.MyGameTitle"). This would be fine for your local tests (as it would be signed with my "debug key").

To finally publish an app, you need to sign it with your "release key", and that is one you better keep secret ;-) So in the end we need to get the toolchain working for you, even if I can help you out in the meantime.

piere

• Supporter
  • Frequent poster
  • Sorry for any bad english in my posts. Game on !
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2015, 02:03:25 PM »

Thanks I will get my .apk ready. What is the best resolution to make the game in Wintermute to look best on Android?

HCDaniel

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2015, 03:06:51 PM »

That I can't really tell. Android devices come in a variety of (native) resolutions. Whatever looks good on one device, might look bad on another. You need to check several devices. The Android emulator allows to configure screen size and resolution (not sure if 100% freely, but you have several options), so you can check there as well.

For our project we historically decided for 1024x600. That looks good on a variety of devices, independent of their native resolution (wmelite will scale the picture to fullscreen, keeping only the acpect ratio - thus a ratio of around 16:9 should be used to keep the black bars at the side of the screen small).

More important was the use of the "pixelperfect" rendering option in the "settings.xml", as we could not afford inaccuracies of graphics when they were all individually scaled when being drawn. That option is on one hand very memory intensive (you need a back buffer of your graphics in original resolution and depth in memory additionally), but avoids scaling artifacts between individual graphics. It depends on how you arrange your graphics, whether you actually need this option. It should be kept off if not necessary.

piere

• Supporter
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2015, 12:38:45 AM »

I have the APK ready. Any way you can sign it for me? I still can't get anything working on my side.

HCDaniel

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2015, 01:32:13 PM »

Just send me your .dcp files (I assume that's what you meant) and the desired canonical name of your app, then I can send you a "debug APK" for testing.

piere

• Supporter
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2015, 09:59:33 AM »

Sent you a private message :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 24 queries.