Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Resolutions  (Read 6160 times)

Henke

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Resolutions
« on: July 28, 2013, 12:02:59 PM »

I'm a real rookie here so bear with me.

I see that you can change your games resolution in the Startup settings but you only seem to have three resolutions to choose from when you're creating a new scene. None of them are 960x640 or 480x800 which is the most common ones on phones as far as I know. Anyway around this or am I missing something?

dongo

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 02:46:47 PM »

hi and welcome. About templates, you can create your own template.

see this----> http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=5519.0

and this----> http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=5177.0

too, you can modify the template layer on scene editor...see this image--->http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/vk3t.png/

Henke

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 05:35:32 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually managed to discover how one could change the layer size.  :)

Now I'm struggling with finding the easiest way to change the actors scale in just one scene (a map). I'm hoping that changing the scale would be easier than to actually make another smaller version of the actor (and all its animations). 

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 05:53:33 PM »

It seems you are trying to create a game before even learning the basics. To make your life easier you can follow the tutorial (which describes one way to scale actors - the other is to use the Actor.Scale attribute) and the WME Book Online.
fl*p

Henke

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 06:23:15 PM »

It seems you are trying to create a game before even learning the basics. To make your life easier you can follow the tutorial (which describes one way to scale actors - the other is to use the Actor.Scale attribute) and the WME Book Online.

Yes, I'm still struggling with the basics here.

It's the Actor.Scale attribute I'm trying to figure out. What kind of numbers does it go by? It's not 1-100 as in % is it?

EDIT: Nevermind, the answer actually was in the first tutorial all along. It's just me who is blind.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 06:43:10 PM by Henke »

dongo

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 12:39:29 PM »

You can use the help of WME too.

if you need some functionality in any object of the game, like windows, actors, scenes, sprites, ... you can search into WME documentation clicking on help in wme. if you need change something to scenes, look the scene object on WME documentation and  you can look all the functionality of this object. And this with all.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.