Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Is there a way to make a "New Game". Reset all and start over from Main menu?  (Read 2997 times)

diegoquarantine

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Buenos Aires Quarantine Studio

Hi, Ive been trying to make a button on the floating menu, the one that's called with "Esc" by default, to go back to the main menu or main screen of the game in order to star over, Start a new game from scratch. But I keep having crashes.
The button makes a Game.Reset(); and goes to an empty scene that loads the MainScreen.Window.  I don't want to make players quit the game and re-launch in order to start a new game.

I was wondering that this could be done with a hidden "save game" at the start of the game, and make the menu load this save game. But I couldn't figure out how to do it.
Has anyone tried to do this before?. I've searched the forum but hadn't found anything related.

diegoquarantine

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Buenos Aires Quarantine Studio

Ok I solved this one. With a little guidance from J.U.L.I.A. creators, I managed to create a "new game" session within the session and without quiting the application, using hidden savegames. when you first launch the "new game" button on the menu, the first thing it does is to save in the slot 11. (we have 10 available slots in the load/save menus) so this slots remains hidden from the menus. Then if you want to re-start the game and all its variables you just simply go to the menu and hit "new game" this time, the button will check if this is your first time, if not, it will load slot 11.

This method proved to work much better than the Game.Reset(); I hope it helps.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.