Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: iOS6 orientation problem  (Read 6166 times)

Dan Peach

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Viperante - Game Development
iOS6 orientation problem
« on: November 24, 2012, 01:44:31 AM »

Hi again,

So after solving my other issues, my game was running fine, until I updated my iPod and iPhone to iOS6.0.1

So when I run the game from Xcode, it will NOT rotate. It starts with the "home button right" orientation even though I've set it to "home button left", and it just stays that way.

Also, when pressing the volume buttons, the volume level indicator comes up as normal, but that's rotated the opposite way to the game and also will not rotate. This only happens when running the game.

I've downloaded 5 Magical Amulets and JULIA:Untold and both of those rotate fine on iOS6, soooooo what can I do to fix this issue?

I'd really appreciate a quick response to this. :)

Thanks.

EDIT: I've also just downloaded Reversion to my iPhone, and that won't flip on iOS6 either. It does flip perfectly ok on my iPad though, which is running iOS5.1.1
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:15:05 PM by Dan Peach »

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: iOS6 orientation problem
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 03:40:21 PM »

I compiled the latest SDL2 library (see November2012 iOS dependencies on BitBucket).
And I've made a small modification to wmelite sources to fix a glitch that was happening with this version of SDL2.

So if you compile these latest wmelite sources with these latest dependencies, it should work. I tested it briefly on my iPhone, Five magical amulets works ok, orientation changes are handled properly on iOS 6.01. Please try with your game.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »

Also I changed the project settings in xcode to properly define supported orientations. I don't know if its necessary, but from what I've heard iOS6 takes these settings more seriously than previous iOS versions.
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Dan Peach

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Viperante - Game Development
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 09:51:06 PM »

Thanks a lot Mnemonic. It all works perfectly - it even actually rotates now, which looks great. :)

Thanks again - really appreciate the effort. :)

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 03:24:58 AM »

Another glitches in SDL2 version.
After pressing home button and closing the game, and restore it after that - there are two black bars at upside and downside of the screen is appears.
Also start icon displays with distortions, while is SDL1 version has not this glitches.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 01:51:06 PM »

Are you using the latest wmelite sources? Namely this changeset should address the black bars you're describing.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.