Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Any suggestions for Quest for Glory 4 dialogue system?  (Read 2483 times)

nakker101

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Any suggestions for Quest for Glory 4 dialogue system?
« on: March 26, 2008, 12:24:57 AM »

Hi everybody.
   I was wandering how could I use the Sierra QG4 dialogue system.When you talk to an entity a new scene appears with the entity's
 portrait in a black backround and the dialogue is in an icon like engravings on a tombstone.The tombstone's size is always according
to the sentences of the dialogue and there is a talking and an idle animation of the entity.I guess everyone has played that game and wandered in Mordavia.How can I do the same thing with WME?
   Also how can I do another old Sierra game thing?In Conquest of Camelot king Arthour can mount on his warhorse and move like one actor
but if you want he can dismount and move on foot while the horse is waitting where he left it.He can find it in the same spot he left it even
if you changed some scenes.How can I do the same thing with WME?
  I've allready started studying Javascript to help me with WME script but I'm in the beginning so I still need a lot of help.I'm sorry for
that.Thank you.

sychron

• Wanderer zwischen den Welten
  • Global Moderator
  • Regular poster
  • There is no spoon. The enemy gate is down!
    • View Profile
Re: Any suggestions for Quest for Glory 4 dialogue system?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 12:06:28 AM »

I don't understand your first description, sorry.

The second problem is easy to solve using three actors: Arthur, The Horse, and Arthur riding the horse. Then create mount and unmount animations able to switch the actor in between (or embed mounting and unmounting into the riding animation for easier setup).

When unmounting, store your mount's scene name in a global var.
In every scene-init-script, check wether the scene's name is equal to global var. If it is, turn on the horse actor. If it's not, just disable this actor.

The Horse actors in-scene position is set during the unmounting script.

The mounting script clears the global variable, so the Horse actor never gets drawn when Arthur is mounted.

Similar, If the main actor is Arthur mounted, the unmounted Arthur is disabled and vice versa.

... delete the inner sleep ...

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.