Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: September 27, 2016, 10:05:12 AM 
Started by cysis145 - Last post by cysis145
Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqOmqyTK-s0

Cubemap Converter is the lightweight solution to extremely fast conversion between formats. Originally designed as an in-house tool
to save us lots of time, Cubemap was released to the public last month and has had nothing but amazing feedback!

While there are some basic free tools around to convert your cubemaps to an HDR, Cubemap Converter takes it one step further by including
conversions to multiple formats starting from any image, as well as a plathora of refining tools so that you get the best result possible!

Store Page: http://store.gajatix.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&product_id=106

There is also a trial available for everyone for free so you can test out what many developers have loved!

Trial: http://store.gajatix.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20&product_id=107

on: September 27, 2016, 09:42:19 AM 
Started by cysis145 - Last post by cysis145
The annual fire sale is once again here. Enjoy huge discounts across our entire catalogue!

http://store.gajatix.com/

Happy Game Dev!

on: September 24, 2016, 11:35:50 PM 
Started by redfox - Last post by eborr
Just to make sure I have understood you correctly  - that what you are trying to do is to add items to a list within a saved game. The only logical reason I can think for doing this is that you are updating the game and want to allow users access to new items - or have I missed something ?

Irrespective of that looking at your code I personally wouldn't recommend the approach of detaching the game scripts, that seems to me to be a tad risky with not obvious benefit.

I don't believe the item file is a script file as such, it's more akin to data, so attaching/detaching it is probably not going to help.

You may have done this already but if I was trying to focus down on the problem I would be tempted to code something like this.

Code: WME Script
  1. on "event" // some trigger event
  2. {
  3.  var ValidInput = false;
  4. ValidInput =LoadItems("items\NewItems.Items",true); // where NewItems.items is your definition file containing the new items you wish to add
  6. }

When you have initiated the event simply step through the code keeping an eye on the ValidInput var - if it changes to true then your Items file has merged, if not then there is a problem,and I guess then go look at the definition file.

NB I have just tested this in the demo game and it works perfectly well

on: September 24, 2016, 11:08:14 PM 
Started by redfox - Last post by eborr
The only thing newer I thing I am using is
Code: [Select]
Game.StoreSaveThumbnail(); the rest is based on the old 3d demo still.

Yes but have you considered where you have added the code might be pertinent.

- As regards the menu screen saving that's interesting because when you save using the standard means, the system take a screen save with the menu window removed.

- A couple of suggestions,

1. do you get a similar set of events occurring without the StoreSaveGame() method, by that I mean, you save the game once, it works first time, then when you try a second save the thumbnail shows the menu.

2 - the 3d demo uses a different and rather more involved approach to menu systems than the other demo systems - I think you should experiment with the standard wme demo to see if you get the same effect.

3. And this is a guess, you might want to try to re-initialise the thumbnail with delete thumbnail to see if this has an effect

on: September 24, 2016, 10:10:43 AM 
Started by redfox - Last post by redfox
I have tried to put the items.items list in a new package with a higer priority, but this also dosn't work to update the item list.

Any ideas how I can do this? Or how to create a new item list and add code to get the new list to merge even with loading older save games?

on: September 24, 2016, 09:52:37 AM 
This is my reset function code - this is run for a script thats attached to the game - it resets scripts but dosnt update item list :(

method RefreshScript()
{
Game.DetachScript("scripts\game.script");
while(Game.IsScriptAttached("scripts\game.script")) Sleep(1);
Game.DetachScript("items\items.items");
while(Game.IsScriptAttached("items\items.items")) Sleep(1);

Game.ClearScriptCache();
Game.AttachScript("scripts\game.script");
Game.AttachScript("items\items.items");
}

on: September 24, 2016, 02:30:33 AM 
How can I update my Items.Item list for an update, when people already have save games? Other files update but the item list does not?

I tried using Game.LoadItems("items\items.items"); and with merge option too, but it deleted the exiting collected items.

on: September 24, 2016, 02:07:54 AM 
The only thing newer I thing I am using is
Game.StoreSaveThumbnail(); the rest is based on the old 3d demo still.

on: September 15, 2016, 12:17:42 PM 
Started by SvarunGames - Last post by eborr
I had best start by declaring an interest here, I have been working on this project now for maybe 9 months or so. The reason why I was drawn to it, is that it embodies almost all of what was important to me as devotee of adventure games.

I first came to adventure game through the hitchhikers guide and then the colossal cave, before coming across a Lord of the Rings graphical adventure in 1986 running on a BBC micro. 

Then I moved onto to the Sierra Games, Space Quest, Police Quest and then Leisure Suit Larry.

Finally I got hold of Gabriel Knight, and I was in P & C heaven.

I was looking to work with a game that offered the potential for total immersion into the world of the adventure.

Just like any decent science fiction or fantasy novel the world of the adventure game needs to be believable. It can be fantastic, but it needs to be consistent.

Unlike most of the computer games that are around with K'nossos Nikola has accomplished this. He has taken a strong original story and combined this with an otherworldly consistent graphic approach which evokes a feeling of strange sparseness, reminiscent in my opinion of the Sierra interpretation of Arthur C. Clarkes Rama.

If you like playing adventure games, I would encourage you to follow the development of this project which will be updated through the normal channels of facebook, and relevant websites.

On a technical note, the game is being developed in WME, as it is still the best tool for developing 2D games, and though this sadly may be the last project we use the tool for, it is currently handling all the technical challenges thrown at it.

if you want further info about the game, please put up a post in this thread, send me a pm or contact Nikola through the email address in the previous post - and please tell your friends

on: September 15, 2016, 08:08:38 AM 
Started by Dendrobats - Last post by Dendrobats
Ishu ludej dla sotrudnitestva.

Nuzni:
- Dizaineri
- Pregamisti
- Ilustratori

Bolshe o prejekte zdes:
http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=6040.0

Kak pisal i na angliskom forume, ideja vtom shtobi zdelat normalnij demo katorij patom na Kickstarter palazhit i mozhet kakoita budzet palchitj shtobi akonchetj polnuju igru.
Vse ljuti v projekti ravni i jesli kakaij bi pribalj v budoshem palucehetsa budim dilitj porovnu.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 12 queries.