Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Scale Problem  (Read 3794 times)

varnama

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Scale Problem
« on: July 05, 2005, 11:44:55 AM »

Hi! I'm back with other question and problem  ???
I do a script to scale actor in a specific region, this work great, but, this scale resize are in a specific region, and rest work with automatic resize do in scene editor. My problem is when actor access to region scale, scale work but when it leave region, automatic resize doesn't work anymore.. Can I solve this?
An other question, i try to download documentation (wme.chm), file download "well" (I download 5 times), but when i try to see them, the "program" open, i see de left chapter, but when i push in any of them in the right return internet explorer "error" page no found.. I don't know if the problem are mine or no, can confirm me please..
There are all for now!  ;) Thanks for all, and great work Mnemonic  8)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Scale Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 12:10:44 PM »

Hi! I'm back with other question and problem  ???
I do a script to scale actor in a specific region, this work great, but, this scale resize are in a specific region, and rest work with automatic resize do in scene editor. My problem is when actor access to region scale, scale work but when it leave region, automatic resize doesn't work anymore.. Can I solve this?
Do I understand it correctly that you're explicitly setting actor.Scale in script when the actor enters the region (on ActorEntry)? If that's the case, you'll have to handle ActorLeave as well and set actor.Scale to null to restore the default scaling.

An other question, i try to download documentation (wme.chm), file download "well" (I download 5 times), but when i try to see them, the "program" open, i see de left chapter, but when i push in any of them in the right return internet explorer "error" page no found.. I don't know if the problem are mine or no, can confirm me please..
I tried it and it seems to be a "feature" of the Windows security. When I open the CHM file from the location where I downloaded it, Windows asks me if I really really want to open it, and then the CHM doesn't work. If I copy the file to another directory and open it from there, it works ok...
EDIT: unchecking the "Always ask me for this file type" checkbox also seems to fix the problem.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 12:46:56 PM by Mnemonic »
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

varnama

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 02:09:29 PM »

Hi again! Wme.chm now work, thanks you  ;)
But the other question, I copy my novice script (I attach in a scene script):

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
#include "scripts\base.inc"

var StartY = 789;
var scaleactor=0;

while(true)
{
  if (actor.Y < StartY && actor.X > 1581 && actor.X < 2064)
  {
   scaleactor = Math.Abs(101-((StartY - actor.Y)/2));
   actor.Scale=scaleactor;
   Game.Msg("Scale actor in %: " + scaleactor);   

}
  else
  {
   Game.Msg("exit scaleactor");
   actor.Scale=null;
   Game.Msg("Exit Scale: " + actor.Scale);

}
}
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I try to set actor.Scale=null but don't work.. I don't know what's wrong.. Same idea, or an other why to do this are welcome, thanks again Mnemonic  8)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 02:14:03 PM »

Oh, I keep forgeting there's a bug in the current release (1.4.1) and Scale set to null doesn't work. Please either set the Scale to -1 or download the latest build of wme.exe which has the bug fixed: http://dead-code.org/download/wme_latest.zip
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.