Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Actor Builder App  (Read 4457 times)

Lord Scrotor

• Lurker
  • I'm NOT a llama!
    • View Profile
Actor Builder App
« on: April 15, 2003, 10:03:47 PM »

I'd love to see some kind of Actor Builder program that simpifies all the aspects of assembling the graphics import and construction of the actor.  I just made my first actor and it took FOORREVER.  

Is there a command line interface for the sprite editor?  If so I could write an app that could batch import the images into the correct actor facings and set all the basics settings in one fell swoop.

It would be cool if I could run the exe and tell it to add a single frame to a sprite file and apply settings like

SpriteEdit.exe Spritefile FrameImageFile Delay HotspotX HotspotY XMoveOffset YMoveOffset

If this could be available, I could design and write the importer, and I'll let you guys use it with the developement kit.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re:Actor Builder App
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 09:03:38 AM »

I'd love to see some kind of Actor Builder program that simpifies all the aspects of assembling the graphics import and construction of the actor.  I just made my first actor and it took FOORREVER.  
The ActorEdit tool, as I plan it, will not help you with the sprites, only with assembling them together. The good thing about actors is, that there are usually few of them in one game ;)

If this could be available, I could design and write the importer, and I'll let you guys use it with the developement kit.
SpriteEdit doesn't provide such interface, but the .sprite files are simple text files and it shouldn't be a problem to write a generator for them.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Lord Scrotor

• Lurker
  • I'm NOT a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:Actor Builder App
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 05:20:50 PM »

Oh cool!!  Thanks, I'll look into that!

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.