Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: missing background  (Read 5703 times)

Bargeral

• Lurker
  • Yea! I'm a llama again!
    • View Profile
missing background
« on: May 18, 2003, 03:32:22 AM »

Newbie here. I'm missing something basic. I went through the tutorial without issue. Create my first game using the basic project template. Then I made a .bmp file, imported it and used it as the sprite for my main entity. But when I test play it's all black. In the WME PM tree, under data, scenes, room if I click on the bmp I see it. If I click on the room.scene I get a black scene.

I'm sure it's something simple, I just can't figure it.  ???
======================
=      CCNP for hire, cheap.      =
======================

Musta Kaapu

• Occasional poster
  • "I'm a bunny rabbit!"
    • View Profile
    • SomethingAwful
Re:missing background
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 06:56:56 AM »

Have you changed the background in the SceneEdit? If you choose main from the upper left list (in SceneEdit) and background from the lower, does it show your .bmp in the Sprite section (in the lower left corner)?

"Do you still wish to fight me?"

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 08:26:05 AM »

Did you download the latest patch (build 25 - see the link on top of this page). There was a problem with some older display drives which caused this issue. It should be fixed now (I hope)...
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Bargeral

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Me again
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2003, 03:06:22 PM »

Musta Kaapu: Yep, I got into SceneEdit. Looks fine there. Only thing I can see that's odd is the filename isn't the full path. But it looks fine in SceneEdit.

Mnemonic: I just downloaded the WME last week. So I expect it the current build. The Help About dialog just says 1.0.1 (b) no build number.  By the way. about that help dialog, you might want to add a link to the documentation. Those of us that use the desktop WME icon and don't ever touch the start button might not notice the tutorial right away!  ;D
======================
======================

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re:Me again
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2003, 03:17:18 PM »

Musta Kaapu: Yep, I got into SceneEdit. Looks fine there. Only thing I can see that's odd is the filename isn't the full path. But it looks fine in SceneEdit.

Mnemonic: I just downloaded the WME last week. So I expect it the current build. The Help About dialog just says 1.0.1 (b) no build number.  By the way. about that help dialog, you might want to add a link to the documentation. Those of us that use the desktop WME icon and don't ever touch the start button might not notice the tutorial right away!  ;D

It looks like you haven't download the latest built. Go to http://www.dead-code.org/forum/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=110;start=0#lastPost and download the update to build25. What you are experiencing is a problem that I had in the beginning but it was solved with this build. In my case the scenedit didn't save the full path of the background.bmp (which is needed).
fl*p

Bargeral

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Bingo - Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2003, 04:09:20 PM »

That did the trick. My bad for assuming the install had the latest build it in.   ::)

You know what they say when you make an assumption. You make and ass of U and 'mption. Who is this 'mption anyway?
======================
======================

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2003, 04:47:03 PM »

I am glad I helped you. You will always (until an official new version is out) find the latest build in this link. But also at the top of every page in the WME's forums you can see that it displays the current version.
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re:Me again
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2003, 08:40:12 PM »

By the way. about that help dialog, you might want to add a link to the documentation. Those of us that use the desktop WME icon and don't ever touch the start button might not notice the tutorial right away!  ;D
I'll do that.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.