Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Button Sound  (Read 3443 times)

varnama

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Button Sound
« on: June 03, 2005, 12:57:07 PM »

Hi I'm new with wintermute, and i think is a cool program! I have three questions..  ???
- First I like put same sounds in button menus (continue, settings, etc..) when i over it's, I'll try and only can do it when press..
- Other question, How can synchronize 2 sprites to play together? I need play one sprite first, and second will play with an action, and adapt with firts sprite movement..
- And my last questions is that, i have one problem with scroll.. I use ScrollingSpeed and ScrollPixels for Y and x, because my background is large, y put ScrollPixels to 7 (i like center cam in actor and no stop playing because scroll is going to catch you) 7 works well for it, but i have several jumps in background, and actor (default autoscroll don't do this, it's very very smooth) can i solve this?, if answer is no, are there plans to improve scroll?
thanks very much, and sorry my bad english   ;)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Button Sound
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 05:43:15 PM »

- First I like put same sounds in button menus (continue, settings, etc..) when i over it's, I'll try and only can do it when press..
You can attach a script to the button with something like:

on "MouseEntry" this.PlaySound("whatever.ogg");

Or if the button uses a sprite for its hover image, you can link the sound to that sprite in SpriteEdit.

- Other question, How can synchronize 2 sprites to play together? I need play one sprite first, and second will play with an action, and adapt with firts sprite movement..
It depends on what exactly do you want to achieve. If you want to run two animations simultaneously, you can do something like:

object1.PlayAnimAsync("animation1.sprite");
  object2.PlayAnim("animation2.sprite");

If you want to run the second animation at certain point of the first one, either break the first animation into two parts, or you can trigger an event in certain frame of the animation and attach some code running the second one on that event.

- And my last questions is that, i have one problem with scroll.. I use ScrollingSpeed and ScrollPixels for Y and x, because my background is large, y put ScrollPixels to 7 (i like center cam in actor and no stop playing because scroll is going to catch you) 7 works well for it, but i have several jumps in background, and actor (default autoscroll don't do this, it's very very smooth) can i solve this?, if answer is no, are there plans to improve scroll?
Try experimenting with the values to find the right scrolling speed suitable for your scene. Perhaps some lower value would work better? It's always a matter of tradeoff between the smoothness and the scrolling response speed, that's by design...
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.