Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: Simple sound problem  (Read 4049 times)

TheDerman

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Simple sound problem
« on: October 24, 2011, 07:16:29 PM »

Well...seems like it should be simple.  :)

I have music playing in channel 1 - I stop channel 1 with Game.StopMusicChannel(1);

Then, later in a new script in a new scene, I want some new music to play, so I have Game.PlayMusicChannel(1, "whatever.ogg");

But, the second music won't play. It will play in a new channel, but why can't it play in channel 1?

Thanks.  :)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Simple sound problem
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 06:39:04 AM »

It should work. Make sure you didn't lower the channel volume or something similar.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

TheDerman

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 11:27:50 AM »

I didn't - I only change the global music volume, but not in between stopping the music and then starting it again - it just refuses to play any new music in channel 1.  ???

TheDerman

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 12:37:56 PM »

Bit more info - I have music playing in channel 1 - I enter a "game over" scene - I stop the music in channel 1 before entering the "game over" scene, then in the "game over" scene, I start a new music file in channel 1, which will not play at all.

But, in the game over scene there's a "try again" button, which if you click takes you back to the scene before the first music file plays in channel 1 - so if we enter the scene again where we first start playing music in channel 1, then it plays without a problem (the "game over" scene still doesn't work though).

Soooo, we're doing the same thing - stopping the music twice - but it will play the file it was already playing, but not a new one. That seems to be the issue.  ???

TheDerman

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 03:05:21 PM »

Ooooops!!! I tracked down the problem - had a rogue "StopMusicChannel" in the wrong place of a scene file that was stopping the music in that scene. Ooooopsie. Sorry for wasting your time.  :-[  :)

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.