Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Game Concept: An Unkindness  (Read 5084 times)

nonesuchplace

• Charlatan Extrordinaire!
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
Game Concept: An Unkindness
« on: February 03, 2009, 04:45:22 AM »

The name is just a filler right now (a group of ravens is called an unkindness of ravens.)

The main character is Raven, a trickster spirit of past, transposed into a modern world.  You are lost, forgotten, run-down, beaten and battered.  So you decide to see if you can't just bring back a little of what made you a god in ages past, you decide to steal the sun again.

The story will take place in three time segments, Pre-history (when you first stole the sun,) Modern day (getting to the story-realm to actually steal the sun,) and the time where you are coming back from stealing the sun all over again.  You will bounce back and forth between the modern-day and pre-history segments throughout the game.

The player-character will have a handful of abilities in each segment.  In the pre-history, you will be able to change your face (which can be used to fool NPCs,) and fly short distances.  In the modern-day segment, you will be also be able to change your face, but you won't be able to fly.  Instead, you will gain some other ability that I have not come up with yet.  I think that it will have something to do with shaping shadows.

"Raven" rough:
http://www.box.net/shared/av4kjo2lu7

Does this enthuse anyone?  Does this even make sense to anyone?  Is this doable?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 05:00:55 AM by nonesuchplace »

IcePoP

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Game Concept: An Unkindness
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 10:30:28 PM »

Sounds like a very interesting notion - like the whole time-tripping thing  O0.

Raven reminds me a bit of the green lanturn - no idea why - might just be the pose lol.

As far as those abilities are concerned I think they are do-able - in many different ways. If you come up with a way which you would like to make this happen (e.g. select a shadow of a monster round a corner to scare off a guard NPC etc) to either be an animated sequence or real-time change you will need to take different approaches. But both are do-able for sure.

If you come up with a gameplan for these tricky bits i'm sure the good folks on here will be able to help you out.

Ice.  ::beer

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.