Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Stalker Enemy  (Read 2583 times)

Barry Burton

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Stalker Enemy
« on: May 29, 2013, 10:43:33 PM »

Is it possible to create a 3D enemy actor that will randomly appear in the room, attempt to get near you (which triggers a game over scene if it gets within a certain radius), and disappear after a set amount of time if you manage to avoid it? Perfect example of what I'm talking about is Scissorman from the Clock Tower series.

What I had in mind though is a ghost like entity that will appear at random after a set period of time at a certain XYZ location, slowly move toward you, then disappear after a specified time.

I know some guy made a Resident Evil template with a working enemy that follows you room to room, but I'd like there to be a delay in time in which the enemy will follow you.

Another question, say I wanted to add a few spots to hide from this enemy like a closet. If you click on the closet, it flashes black really quick, then removes your actor from the game to indicate he's hiding inside the closet. Allowing you to wait it out until the ghost disappears. Then you click on the closet you're hiding in, flashes black for a split second, and your actor is back outside. Would this be possible?

eborr

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Re: Stalker Enemy
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 05:40:14 PM »

answer to your question if I have understoond it correctly is in both cases yes.  You can create scripts which allow a degree of randomness in order for an event to occur.

Secondly creating an event which makes a node not visible is achievable.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.