Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: ANDROID :: Building a game package from precompiled libraries  (Read 5410 times)

diegoquarantine

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Buenos Aires Quarantine Studio

HELLO EVERYONE!!
Here am I in the great adventure of making a video game. A bit burn out but so far so good. The vital signs still normal.  ::rock

Ok. I'm in beta with my game and while I find a solution for other bugs, I'm trying to make an APK of my game to try if we can make it work in an android device. 
I followed every step from the documentation.  http://res.dead-code.org/doku.php/wmelite:building
And I released a small android game made in other engine before so I understand some of the process. like building and signing, But I never used Eclipse before.

I'm trying to import the precompiled project from the sources. I placed my game files in the Assets/raw folder and edited the manifest and other .java files. 
The project loads but with under the name of "SDLActivity" and it says it has path issues so it wont compile until I fix this. I´m sure I'm missing to replace the name project somewhere, but I double checked the list and I couldn't find it.

1- Description   Resource   Path   Location   Type
Project 'SDLActivity' is missing required source folder: 'gen'   SDLActivity      Build path   Build Path Problem
2 - Description   Resource   Path   Location   Type
The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved   SDLActivity      Unknown   Java Problem
3- Description   Resource   Path   Location   Type
Unable to resolve target 'android-12'   SDLActivity      Unknown   Android Target Problem

Any Ideas? someone managed to get through this?. THANKSS!  ::wave

HCDaniel

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Re: ANDROID :: Building a game package from precompiled libraries
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 08:16:29 AM »

Hi,

the last error seems to be the reason for the problem. You need to install the SDK for Android 3.1 (API level 12).

In Eclipse, go to Window->Android SDK manager and then check the "Android 3.1 (API 12)"->SDK Plaform. Install and you should be fine.

Let me add that piece of info to the Wiki.

diegoquarantine

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Buenos Aires Quarantine Studio
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 05:00:55 PM »

Thanks this solved the problem. The other errors were for miss understanding some of the app package naming changes on the folders from my part.
Now it says no errors.
I successfully build a first APK.  But still can't play the game on the emulator. I built a "Nexus7" like emulator to test. I'll see what else can find.
Thanks!

HCDaniel

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 08:38:55 AM »

It might be that the dependencies package was already outdated. Can you check whether the recent dependencies package makes it work?

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.