Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: particle emitter what is the most efficient way to use more than one image  (Read 3011 times)

eborr

• Regular poster
    • View Profile

I have read the threads regarding particle emitters and was not able to come up with a definative answer

I want a particle emmiter to use more than one image, I can see there are a number of differnent ways by which this could be achieved, firstly by using the AddSprite method, to add a new png image, secondly by using a WME sprite with a number of frames, and thirdly by having two particle emmiters operating one on top of the other.

I will probably want have at least two of these things operating simoultaneously.

I am guessing the scene is quite heavy on memory usage as is given that if I set the crolling speed up I get a lot of juddering on the actor/ and/or the background once scrolling is taking place.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site

From rendering standpoint, most optimal would be multiple particle emitters, each using a single image.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 23 queries.