Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Ghost Game: Questions and Hiring  (Read 4439 times)

creativeembassy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Ghost Game: Questions and Hiring
« on: May 15, 2006, 04:17:22 PM »

Hello Everyone! I'm currently writing an adventure game that deals with the supposed haunting of a local building (I won't give TOO much info away here). I'm trying Adventure Maker currently, but I'm not sure that it can do everything that I want it to do.  I have just a few questions before I dive too deep into this project. There are several features I would need, but I'm not sure if AM supports them:

- Video Cut-scenes. Fairly self-explanatory, am I able to force a video to play after A) a variable has been triggered and B) The player goes into a scene?
- Video Dialogue. I want to have several dialogue options available, and the choice the player makes determines the response the character gives, in a video, possibly including subtitles.
- Video Transparency. I have the capability to make parts of a video transparent; can I overlay video on a still frame? For example, I would like to have video of people walking in front of a green screen, chromakey it (in a different program, obviously), then overlay it on the background of a scene.
- Non-player driven events. Example, the character comes up to the player and initiates a dialogue with the player. Or, a player has to succesfully combine two items before a timer runs down. Is this possible?
- Multi-layered video. What if I want several different videos running at the same time? For instance, I have the static background of a NYC street. Above that, I have video overlaid, with transparency, of people walking on the street. Then on a third layer, I have a character who's talking to the player.

I'm VERY serious about this project. I have a storyline, characters, and some NEW ideas for this project, and regardless of how I make it, it WILL be finished.  Thanks for your time!

- Clinton Judy
Clint@TheCreativeEmbassy.com

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Game: Questions and Hiring
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 04:24:33 PM »

You must confusing something here.  ???
This is the forums for the Wintermute Engine and not the AM  ???

But since you asked let me tell you that WME can do (edit: almost) everything in your list  ;)

EDIT:  Just noticed the chromakey thing. Unfortunately wme can't do that. It supports masks but only static images (at least for now ?)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 08:30:43 PM by odnorf »
fl*p

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.