Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Programming  (Read 19723 times)

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re:Programming
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2003, 11:20:18 AM »

WOW! So you are working in the new SpriteEdit or is it just a test to learn C#?
So far it's only a test of the interface layer. But, yes, Im planning to start with SpriteEdit, because it's simpler.

You are going to program a new SceneEdit which is a "long term task" instead of a new feature (there are 19 waiting...:))? That's strange! :D It seems that you REALLY want to start programming in C#.... I guess it's time to start downloading the .NET framework to be ready....
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2003, 11:25:46 AM »

You are going to program a new SceneEdit which is a "long term task" instead of a new feature (there are 19 waiting...:))? That's strange! :D It seems that you REALLY want to start programming in C#.... I guess it's time to start downloading the .NET framework to be ready....

Many of the "waiting" features will require significant changes to the tools. Currently, changing the tools is a pain. So let's call this a... "strategic decision" ;)
Plus, I REALLY want to start programming in C# :D
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2003, 10:44:45 AM »

Hi Mnemonic,

I'm curious if there will really exist e.g. some Linux runtime...
Like odnorf already pointed out, there are at least two open source implementations

Uh, I didn't get that although I read it. But I understood the mono project as some alternative to the .NET framework, not as an implementation of it. Now... that will be one of the things for me to test, as soon as "my" brand new VS update arrives! (Why pay if your company pays ?! ;D )

What about that .NET Windows Form Builder ? It seems to be similiar to the VB Forms. Is that something new and abstract or is it MFC based ?
Yes, completely new. There are hardly any resemblances to MFC. It's indeed very similar to VB/Delphi.

Do you know if this is usable for the "new" C++ version or only for C#, etc. ?

Other good links:

Thanks.  :)

I mean GUIs that act like a web page with a frameset. If you resize your browser, your GUI width and height are always 100%, the different parts just resize, get scrollbars or center.
I see. Well, in MFC you have to program it yourself. In Windows Forms (.NET) it's only a matter of setting the "Dock" and "Anchor" properties of certain controls.

Well - it sounds like .NET is what I'm looking for finally. I need that GUI help, because I just read some tutorials for C++ and discovered that I still knew most of it - and the parts that are completely new for me are quite similiar to methods in Java. But anyway I couldn't work with it at all, because I didn't even know how to open a window with that basic knowledge. ;-)

Mooh!

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2003, 03:53:55 PM »

Now... that will be one of the things for me to test, as soon as "my" brand new VS update arrives! (Why pay if your company pays ?! ;D )
Yeah, same here :) But I'm gonna purchase the C# edition anyway.

Do you know if this is usable for the "new" C++ version or only for C#, etc. ?
I suppose there's not much difference between C# vs managed C++ support. Of course, the "original" C++/MFC support will be somewhat limited.
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2003, 06:41:05 PM »

I found an interesting article which compares the C# language features to Java and C++:

http://genamics.com/developer/csharp_comparative.htm

sychron

• Wanderer zwischen den Welten
  • Global Moderator
  • Regular poster
  • There is no spoon. The enemy gate is down!
    • View Profile
Re: Programming
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 12:22:53 AM »

This thread is a little outdated, but if anyone stumbles across using the search function:
You can get a free development environment for every .NET language at the microsoft site. Theese Environments are called Visual Studio Express, just search for them. They are free for uncommercial use, but that's just great for just having a look on the language and/or framework.
... delete the inner sleep ...

Schnuffel

• Supporter
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Dreamagination Entertainment
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 04:12:37 AM »

Actually, they're free for commercial use, too.

Can I use Express Editions for commercial use?
Yes, there are no licensing restrictions for applications built using Visual Studio Express Editions.

sychron

• Wanderer zwischen den Welten
  • Global Moderator
  • Regular poster
  • There is no spoon. The enemy gate is down!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 04:16:58 PM »

Actually, they're free for commercial use, too.

Can I use Express Editions for commercial use?
Yes, there are no licensing restrictions for applications built using Visual Studio Express Editions.

Hmm. That's new. Thx for the info.
... delete the inner sleep ...
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.