Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Crashing WME  (Read 8406 times)

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Crashing WME
« on: August 09, 2008, 09:46:52 PM »

Hi Mnemonic,

I've got very strange behavior to report. It's connected to certain parts of my new game. The behavior manifests desktop crashes with no log messages or generated dmp files. The only report I was able to get was from windows messages where WME made exception  0xc000000d offsetted to 0x000e0f77

I can easily replicated the crash, but the catch is that it never crashes in the same place. Sometimes it crashes sooner, sometimes later. Is there any way how to get out some debug file for you so it can be found out what is going on?

I'm running it in Project Manager mode so I guess bugslayer was there by default, no?

Edit: I've also copied everywhere the bugslayerutil.dll from previous builds, but it's the same. No dmp generated.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 09:57:02 PM by metamorphium »
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Crashing WME
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 10:15:42 PM »

BugSlayer is no longer used, wme_report.dll is. Anyway, if you can't make a crash report, a repro project would be helpful.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Re: Crashing WME
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 10:22:57 PM »

do you need wme sources, or do dcp files suffice?

Anyway, I have perfect thing for you - savegame which replicates this issue on single click. I've managed to capture the situation and now when you load the game, you can easily trace it. I'm uploading the thing and I'll pm the link for you.

Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 10:37:55 PM by metamorphium »
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.