Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Uneven walk  (Read 12081 times)

fireside

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
Uneven walk
« on: June 16, 2008, 08:39:25 PM »

I don't know if this is because of my export setup, but the last walk cycle before the character comes to a stop, he lurches slightly. It's rather annoying.  I tried changing the blend speed from walk to idle but it didn't help.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Uneven walk
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 05:43:38 PM »

Hmm, what do you mean by lurching here? When stopping, the actor should do a transition from its current pose to the idle pose. If you set a very long delay, it should make it more apparent what happens during the transition.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

fireside

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 02:58:59 AM »

The best way I can describe it is that he suddenly jumps forward toward the stopping point while in the walk cycle, but only by a small amount.  If he's at one side of the screen, and I click on the other side of the screen, the walk is smooth up to a small amount before the stop point but before he enters the idle, then he suddenly moves toward the point a small amount, continues the walk cycle at the same speed, and then enters the idle.  The game is very small right now so I could upload it and pm you the link if you like.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 06:53:49 AM »

The game is very small right now so I could upload it and pm you the link if you like.
Yes, that would be very helpful. And if you could combine it with the earlier TurnTo() issue, it would be extremely helpful :) Thanks.
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 02:03:41 PM »

I'm not really sure what's causing this. I copied your actor to a fresh project with a new scene (using your 3D geometry) and I *think* the glitch is gone. Are you changing some actor properties in your game script or in the scene script?

fireside

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 10:38:37 PM »

Just noticed this post.  I was changing the transition time in the Game script which seems to have been making it a little worse.  It's still there, but not as bad.  Helped anyway.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 24 queries.