Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: Team work  (Read 4367 times)

Azazzello

Team work
« on: December 12, 2003, 06:17:06 PM »

Hallo, Mnemonic!
I met a little trouble. I make project whith people, which are living in other places of country. My programmer wants to send me some parts of project, but it is no functional on my computer. How can I deside this situation? May be , programmer must send me a whole project?
But it is a little bit difficult, because in feature our project will be "big";)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re:Team work
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 11:57:53 PM »

Well, it's a problem in case of shared scripts (like the game.scripts, interface etc.), but once you start working on game scenes, each developer can take care of a different scene, then you only need to send one scene to the others, right?
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Azazzello

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 07:12:45 PM »

Yes, but our problem is- I'm projects author and animator, and must controll all parts of creation, I can not get files from my programmer(he lives in another town). I suggest, he can make every scene in other projects and then we can unite all scenes in one project, but he sad me, that it's a very problemly.
What do you think, is it a desision, an if-yes, how we can realise this?

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 10:46:58 AM »

As I said, the scene scripts are relatively independent on the rest of the game, so I think it would be possible. There will be problem with shared parts, like game.script, mouse cursor images etc., but fortunately you don't change those too often.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 23 queries.