Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Some Questions  (Read 2291 times)

wedge

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Some Questions
« on: February 28, 2007, 11:38:42 AM »

Hey there.

I've questions again, not really trouble this time.

First I'd like to know if there is some extensive information about making dialog, because I think that for example the example is nice and working, but there is a lot more to do, and not really lot of things about how to customize dialog, where do you defined the place the text are being displayed and so on. I had to search for some time to finally make a proper layer appear. Know I'll have to find where I can set the text being said by character appears in it too. And then I'll finally look for making a picture to change dynamically, some kind of Japanese RPG Like characters, or well to get you an idea smething more or less inspired by what is done by Cing in Another Code on the DS with nice Characters picture to show their emotional reaction during dialogs.

Next I've read about Low Level Event which can be quite usefull, but I did not found any list of them and there actions. Is there such a list somewhere ?

I'm sorry if these questions have already been asked, but I did not really found any clear information on these matters.

EDIT: Here is one more question :) I'm trying to make a region entity that should be active but not all the time. The demo mechanics I'm using right now is that while waling you might enter a zone that will trigger the appearance of a character, basically once you enter the zone the character entity is loaded, it make it say something then our character automatically respond by going to this actor and start the dialog. In the end two things might happen either you're dragged in by the character, either your left alone and have to enter by yourself. For that purpose I'd like the region to be Inactive as long as the talk is not over. So I think I should get the Entity in someway to Activate Disable it but I don't see how to achieve this.

Wedge
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 04:17:01 PM by wedge »
If a life is without a dream.
What aim have this life ?
If a life is without love.
Which happiness are we talking about?

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Some Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 07:10:19 PM »

By default the speech captions are displayed over characters' heads. You can modify the subtitle position by setting various actor's properties starting with Subtitle (see the docs). If you want a completely different subtitle display, you'll have to script it for example using a GUI window.

Low level events are listed in the documentation in the script language reference section. There aren't many of them, actually.

To enable/disable some scene element, do something like:

var SomeNode = Scene.GetNode("node_name");
SomeNode.Active = true; // or false
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.