Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Serious Bug?  (Read 3429 times)

creatorbri

• Occasional poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Serious Bug?
« on: December 05, 2003, 06:06:16 PM »

Yeah, well, I upgraded to 037, and now when I run my project, I get massive bands (like, 30-80% of the screen in thickness, height-wise) of pink flashing rapidly in a vertical pattern across the screen!

I tried turning off hardware acceleration, and the only difference is the bands turned black. I tried using Window mode, and with Hardware Acceleration on, it renders OK until I move the window, at which point the whole screen goes either green or pink for a few moments. The only way it works at all seems to be in Window mode with Hardware Acceleration turned Off.

What on Earth!? HELP! I am dead in the water until this is fixed! Whats more I'm worried about possible damage to my video card or monitor, it looks horribly unhealthy.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2003, 09:11:04 PM by irbrian »

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re:SERIOUS BUG!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 06:12:48 PM »

There were no changes in the renderer in the last build. Did you do some other changes to your configuration? Hardware, drivers, DirectX etc. Other Direct3D applications work ok?
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

creatorbri

• Occasional poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:SERIOUS BUG!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 06:34:10 PM »

Right after posting that I checked DXDIAG, and noticed it said that some of my files were debug versions. I installed the DirectX SDK earlier this week, and I guess I chose the Debug version of the runtime or something. I reinstalled the retail version of the DirectX Runtime, and now things seem to be working better. I apologize for jumping the gun!

I still have some oddities in my DXDIAG list, and a few things seem a bit slower than they should be. But thats obviously not your problem -- WME is apparently not at fault for any of it.

Again, sorry for jumping to conclusions! I should know better.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.